In the video, Bogost doesn’t like how we use the word “fun” carelessly. Why,
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
wk9 pre-presentation questions
Just from $13/Page
what’s his suggestion for what the word should describe?
Write down your answers and where from the readings you came up with those answers.
Here is reading!!!!!
- Bogost, Ian. (2013). Persuasive games. UX Week 2013 .
Bogost, Ian. (Aug 11, 2011).
Gamification is bullshit
. The Atlantic.
- Silverman, Craig, & Alexander, Lawrence. (Nov 3, 2016). How teens in the Balkans are duping Trump supporters with fake news. BuzzFeed News.
Meyer, Robinson. (Mar 8, 2018).
The grim conclusions of the largest-ever study of fake ne w
s. The Atlantic.
- Starbird, Kate. (Mar 8, 2020). Reflecting on the Covid-19 Infodemic as a Crisis Intervention Researcher. Medium.
Waddell, Kaveh. (Mar 11, 2020).
Fight against coronavirus misinformation shows what big tech can do when it really tries
. Consumer Reports.
Further reading / watching:
- How Russian bots invade our elections. The New York Times .
- How Russian trolls operate. act.tv .
- Evaluating Information guide from UW Libraries
- Inside the fake news factory of Macedonia .
Be wary of those texts from a friend of a friend’s aunt
. The New York Times.