This is a discussion assignment, please follow the instruction carefully. I need 350 words. answer the question accordingly and please submit on time.
Week 2 – Discussion Forum
Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, read Chapter 6 of the required text. Adolescence is considered a distinct developmental period. Discuss one issue that may be faced by an adolescent (e.g., bullying, eating disorders, suicidal ideations, depression, substance abuse, etc.). Explore options and recommend a treatment professional and a setting to address the adolescent’s issue. State why that professional and that setting are the best options. Your main discussion post should consist of approximately 350 words.
Martin, M. E. (2018).
Introduction to human services: Through the eyes of practice settings
(4th ed.). Pearson.
· Chapter 5: Child Welfare Services: Overview and Purpose of the U.S. Child Welfare System
· Chapter 6: Adolescent Services
· Chapter 7: Gerontology: Human Services With Older Adults
· The full-text version of this ebook is available through your online classroom through the Redshelf platform. This book is an introductory textbook outlining the broad discipline of human services. Chapter 5 will assist you in your Child Welfare Services Simulation this week. Chapter 6 will assist you in your Adolescence discussion this week. Chapter 7 will assist you in your Article Review: Current Issues in Aging assignment this week.
Portico Network. (2017, March 15).
Conducting a quick screen for trauma – child interview (Links to an external site.)
[Video]. YouTube. https://youtu.be/rKTYOAI65zE
· This video provides information about screening for trauma with children and will assist you in your Child Welfare Services Simulation quiz this week. This video has closed captioning and transcript.
Accessibility Statement (Links to an external site.)
Bender, K., Thompson, S., Ferguson, K., Yoder, J., & DePrince, A. (2015).
Risk detection and self-protection among homeless youth
. Journal of Research on Adolescence, 25(2), 352–365. https://doi.org/10.1111/jora.12123
Brown, M., Vaclavik, D., Watson, D. P., & Wilka, E. (2017).
Predictors of homeless services re-entry within a sample of adults receiving Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program (HPRP) assistance
. Psychological Services, 14(2), 129–140. https://doi.org/10.1037/ser0000112