Module 1 assignment/ Personal Philosophy
For this assignment, you will be writing your personal philosophy of infant toddler education. The following questions should guide your thinking:
1. What is the purpose of infant toddler care and education?
2. What is the role of a caregiver (teacher) in the life of an infant and toddler?
3. What do you think is the key to a positive respectful relationship with families?
4. How do young children learn and how can you support and enhance that learning?
5. Describe the essential qualities you must have in order to be an excellent caregiver and educator.
Your philosophy should be 1-2 pages in length. You will want to decide on a structure for your statement such as dividing it into sections (Beliefs about Families, Societal Expectations, Personal Beliefs/Knowledge and Caregiver Role), using a quote that sums up your philosophy as a starting point for describing your thoughts, etc. Your philosophy is not a how-to-book but a broad outline of your beliefs of how infant toddler education should look in theory. Please provide details to support your insights and opinions. Use an APA formatted title and reference pages, as well as in text citation where appropriate.
Submit your completed assignment by following the directions linked below. Please check the Course Calendar for specific due dates.