On Speaking and Being Silent –
Write by this
(Links to an external site.)
1. To begin, we invite you to take up to two minutes to reflect and journal on the following questions:
· What were you taught about when and why you should speak?
· When and why you should be silent?
· When do you speak? Why?
· When are you silent? Why?
2. After you have finished journaling, please watching this clip from Smith (2014).
3. Take up to another two minutes to continue journaling, folding in your balance of what you wrote before about your own truth regarding speaking and being silent and the ideas of Smith (2014). In what ways in Smith (2014) a mirror for you? In what ways is he a window?
4. Post your thoughts on the discussion board and read/listen to what others share as well. Offer meaningful responses to others to generate new conversations and learning (e.g. in what ways is what they are saying a window or a mirror for you?) .