need my project done for my ENG2002 World Literature 1 from ancient world to the middle ages
The major writing assignment for this week is to compose a 600- to 800-word paper that analyzes how gender is portrayed in The Odyssey.
One way to approach this assignment is to consider how male characters think and speak about female characters (human and/or divine). How do the males treat female characters? How do the female characters treat the males? What patterns emerge? Based on those patterns, can you identify models of female and male behavior in The Odyssey? In other words, are particular behaviors, conditions, or roles associated with men but not women and vice versa? Do any of the female and male characters violate rules that apply to women’s and men’s behavior and, in so doing, offer the audience negative models of gender. Reflect on The Odyssey’s ending.
What do the ultimate fates of the female and male characters reveal about ancient Greeks’ ideas about gender?
Do not simply answer all these questions in order to develop your paper. These questions are designed to catalyze critical thinking, and you should use the writing process described in the online lectures to compose your essay.
Before submitting your paper proofread to check if the:
- Thesis is clear and focused, and the introduction includes all the necessary information.
- The paragraphs following the introduction support and defend this thesis by analyzing and discussing specific examples and quotations from The Odyssey.
- Conclusion is appropriate and reinforces the paper’s main ideas without repeating the introduction word for word.
- Essay is formatted in APA style throughout, and it uses appropriate grammar, spelling, and mechanics.
- Quoted material does not exceed 25% of the essay.
Name your document SU_ENG2002_W1_A3_LastName_FirstInitial . Submit your final draft in a Microsoft Word document to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.