Prior to beginning work on this assignment,
- Read Chapter 16 in Applied Psychology in Talent Management.
This week’s topic has been the considerations and design of training and development programs. Draw upon your reflections of the readings and discussion this week as you apply the
Beefsteak Case Study
to this assignment.
For this assignment, you will assess methods of training and development such as presentation, hands-on, group building, or technology-based training program for the managers of Beefsteak. You will need to determine how Beefsteak, with its quick growth, will train managers as the company continues to expand. Include the essential elements for measuring training outcomes from Chapter 16 of the course textbook.
Distinguish between the outcomes of statistically significant effects from practically efficient effects and provide your rationale supported by the course materials and additional research.
In your paper,
- Evaluate various methods of training and development outcomes.
- Assess the methods of training and development.
- Discuss the essential elements for measuring training outcomes.
- Assess the outcomes of training, distinguishing between the outcomes of statistically significant effects from practically efficient effects.
Identify the key principles of instructional design to encourage learner participation.
The Implementation and Measurement of Outcomes With Beefsteak Case Study paper,
- Must be three to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
Title of paper
Course name and number
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least two credible sources in addition to the course text.
The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
- Avoid over-dependence on direct quotes. Direct quotes are a great way to strengthen our assertions and provide support. However, be sure to avoid using excessive direct quotes in lieu of original thought. Direct quotes will not meet the requirement for analysis, application, and critical thinking. Please ensure to not overuse direct quotes so that you can avoid losing points for this. Review the Integrating Research (Links to an external site.) resource from the Ashford Writing Center for additional guidance.
- Must include a separate reference page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.