Lesson Plan Activity 3: Lesson Plan DevelopmentDescribe what educational theory your plan is based upon and why you believe this is the most appropriate theory.
Describe your instructional strategies. Address how you will introduce the lesson, teach the main material, wrap up the lesson, and transition into the assessment. Indicate if your strategy changed for online delivery, and if so, why?Explain why you chose each strategy and why you think each one is effective for each part of your lesson.
Some lessons might have one overall instructional strategy. Some lessons might combine a few different instructional strategies. Outline your plan to respond to the needs of different types of learners: learning disabilities, ELL students, and so on.
Give three examples.Discuss your strategy to ensure inclusion for all the students in your class.This may include specific questions, analogies, or in class activities.Discuss what kind of remediation activities are necessary to assist students who need extra time or assistance to fully understand the lesson.Discuss what kind of extra material or activities needed to keep gifted students engaged if the lesson appears too easy for them.Describe the difference between your formative and summative evaluations for this lesson.Be sure to develop your last lesson for online delivery.The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:Differentiate between instructional methods employed for diverse learner groups.
TOPIC: TEACHING SUBSTANCE AND DRUG ABUSE
ONE OF THE LESSON PLANS IS ATTACHED
Running Header: LESSON PLAN: TEACHING SUBSTANCE AND DRUG ABUSE 1
LESSON PLAN TEACHING SUBSTANCE AND DRUG ABUSE 3
Lesson Plan: Teaching Substance and Drug Abuse
Lesson Plan Ref no:
Teaching substance and drug abuse
· To study around various drugs.
· To classify protective and risk factors linked with abuse of substances (alcohol and Drugs).
· To deliberate on addiction and what are the results of it.
· To ascertain behaviors that intensify well-being and let students to achieve life goals.
Summary of the task/Action:
For this particular grades K-12th. Students or scholars work in groups a “talk show” methodology to do research on types of drug, the addiction/recovery procedures, and effects of drug abuse on community, relatives, work, friends, school, etc. Also the will explore methods for fighting “peer pressure”.
Materials/ Equipment needed:
· Evert student to have a computer or a device that is connected to an internet.
· Accessibility to website discussing about the drugs. In this case “
Drug Information Web sites
· PBS In the Mix video:
“Drug Abuse: Altered States”
· VCR/TV (Noncompulsory)
Other Materials Could be
· SMART or chalk board to sum up answers on.
· Markers and Diagram paper and for to be used in groups.
· Masking tape
Identifying the Risks associated with drug abuse www.albertahealthservices.ca/2677.asp)
Gradation of Addiction Usage (http://www.albertahealthservices.ca/2677.asp)
Penalties associated with Addiction (http://www.albertahealthservices.ca/2677.asp)
· In conclusion of the discussion, give a summary of the essential highlights and points of what was discussed in entire session.
· Gather entire index cards from scholars. Take few minutes time to reply any queries from the cards that the scholars might have had.
· Leave scholars with info concerning how to contact you just in case they have any follow up queries they shied from asking in class.