Research on al-Qaeda
Many analysts argue that the greatest terrorism threat to the US homeland comes from the group known as al-Qaeda. As a research assistant, you have been asked to analyze this organization. Your analysis will allow Department of Homeland Security (DHS) personnel to better understand why al-Qaeda poses the greatest threat to the United States.
The analysis should include the following points:
- The history of the organization: How and why did it start, its growth and evolution over the years, etc.
- The overall mission of al-Qaeda: What they are trying to achieve and the reasons behind their motivation?
- A review of the organization’s leadership and structure.
- Areas of operation: Where are they based? Where do they train? etc.
- Techniques and tactics.
- The sources of funding for al-Qaeda.
Your report should utilize all the terminology and concepts presented, in the course up to this point. Much has changed in recent years, so be sure to use sources that are reliable and up-to-date. Support your responses with examples.
Submit your report, including a cover page, reference page, and 4–5 pages of content,