Respond to each discussion post
Assignment: Evidence-Based Project, Part 4:
Recommending an Evidence-Based Practice
The collection of evidence is an activity that occurs with an endgame in mind. For
example, law enforcement professionals collect evidence to support a decision to
charge those accused of criminal activity. Similarly, evidence-based healthcare
practitioners collect evidence to support decisions in pursuit of specific healthcare
In this Assignment, you will identify an issue or opportunity for change within your
healthcare organization and propose an idea for a change in practice supported by an
● Reflect on the four peer-reviewed articles you critically appraised in Module 4,
related to your clinical topic of interest and PICOT.
● Reflect on your current healthcare organization and think about potential
opportunities for evidence-based change, using your topic of interest and PICOT
as the basis for your reflection.
● Consider the best method of disseminating the results of your presentation to an
The Assignment: (Evidence-Based Project)
Part 4: Recommending an Evidence-Based Practice Change
Create an 8- to 9-slide narrated PowerPoint presentation in which you do the following:
● Briefly describe your healthcare organization, including its culture and readiness
for change. (You may opt to keep various elements of this anonymous, such as
your company name.)
● Describe the current problem or opportunity for change. Include in this
description the circumstances surrounding the need for change, the scope of the
issue, the stakeholders involved, and the risks associated with change
implementation in general.
● Propose an evidence-based idea for a change in practice using an EBP
approach to decision making. Note that you may find further research needs to
be conducted if sufficient evidence is not discovered.
● Describe your plan for knowledge transfer of this change, including knowledge
creation, dissemination, and organizational adoption and implementation.
● Explain how you would disseminate the results of your project to an audience.
Provide a rationale for why you selected this dissemination strategy.
● Describe the measurable outcomes you hope to achieve with the implementation
of this evidence-based change.
● Be sure to provide APA citations of the supporting evidence-based peer reviewed
articles you selected to support your thinking.
● Add a lessons learned section that includes the following:
○ A summary of the critical appraisal of the peer-reviewed articles you
○ An explanation about what you learned from completing the Evaluation
Table within the Critical Appraisal Tool Worksheet Template (1-3 slides)