Creating a Report
In the week 3 discussion, you began the Pre-Writing step for a report for your boss on Richard Hackman’s statement that using a team to complete a complex project may not be the best approach. Review your classmates’ contributions to the discussion forum so that you are able to leverage a wide variety of perspectives.
Your written assignment this week is to continue the 3×3 writing process and complete the report.
Continuing your research using the South University Online Library, complete the report. Your report must include the following:
- An outline of how you have formulated your response to Richard Hackman’s statement. Your outline should provide a reasonable framework for the report and show where you are going to use each of the pieces of information you found through your research
- An introduction to the report that explains the purpose of the report, the significance of the topic, and a preview of the main points to be discussed
- The body of the report that uses clear headings and topics arranged logically, in an appropriate tone
- Meaningful conclusions and practical recommendations in the report
- Multiple current and credible sources
J. Richard Hackman statement
According to J. Richard Hackman, a noted team research scholar, using a team to complete a complex project may not be the best approach. However, imagine that your organization relies heavily on teams to complete projects. Your boss wants you to develop a well-researched report analyzing Hackman’s comment.