This assignment is the final
Explorations Assignment. This one encourages you to apply the research skills you have developed over the quarter to investigate a globalization topic of interest to you and find a source about it. You may use an Open Web search (a Google search, for example) OR the online subscription databases provided to you by the College library that you used in the last Explorations Assignment.
Remember that you have access to those databases because you are an enrolled college student. Your student status gives you access to the subscription to the database on the College library’s Website.
explains how you access the databases.
For Your Post
· Research in a globalization topic of interest to you. Find a source about it that allows you to connect to what you read in this “Our Shrinking World” course theme exploration of Globalization. For example, you may be interested the loss of languages.
· Label each section of your post with the headings below: Annotation; Connections; Research Methods; Source Identification, and Citations.
Writing Guides Module
includes information about annotations. An annotation provides a summary of the article and evaluates it. Your evaluation relies primarily on the knowledge you gained from the course readings.
Write in complete sentences and complete the annotation in no more than 250 words.
In a sentence or two, explain how the source you annotated adds to what you learned from course readings. Thus you establish the connections between the source and course readings. Those connections are clearest when you CITE course readings.
3. RESEARCH METHODS
Explain how you found the article annotated such as describing the search terms you used. Be sure to note if you changed search terms to get better results.
4. SOURCE RELIABILITY IDENTIFICATION
Identify the source type (such as government report, scholarly journal or magazine article) and explain why you regard the source as a reliable one. The
explains how to assess reliability.
Cite sources in Chicago Notes and Bibliography style.
Writing Guides Module
includes aids and information about Chicago Notes and Bibliography style.
6. Type the above information in your word processing program to allow you to save your post as a document there.
7. Copy and paste the text into this discussion as your post following the instructions below.