Shared Practice—Driving Value of Business Information Systems Through Process-Oriented OrganizatiFor this Discussion, read the case study “Creating a Process-Oriented Enterprise at Pinnacle West”.
Based on your reading and analysis of the case study, post your response to the following:
- What challenges does Brown, the CIO, face in creating a process-oriented organization?
- What are the requirements for creating a process-oriented culture in an organization? To what extend does Pinnacle West address these requirements? Where is it lacking?
- Is it necessary to push the process-oriented culture to the entire company, or is having a process-oriented information technology organization sufficient for driving value from business information systems?
- What lessons can you learn from the Pinnacle West case, and how might you apply those at your organization? How effective is management at promoting a process-oriented culture? What could management do better or improve upon to create or implement enterprise-wide business information systems? Provide specific examples to support your observations.
Please be specific, and use citations and references as appropriate and necessary.
Read a selection of the posts submitted by your colleagues.
Respond to two or more of your colleagues in one or more of the following ways:
- Compare the examples of the effectiveness of promoting a process-oriented culture in your organization with those presented by your colleague.
- Offer your insights on how to gain buy-in from different departments within an organization on processes that are necessary for the implementation of enterprise-wide business information systems.
- Expand on the ideas shared by your colleague, providing additional insights or information that will help your colleague more fully consider the issues surrounding organizational structure, information systems/technology alignment, and the manager’s role in the process.
- Describe how you might use the insights and information shared by your colleague to improve your organization.
Please remember to use citations and references to support your responses, as necessary.