Please read carefully and address all questions
Three different attachment, please include intext citation
Deliverable 1 – Digital Growth Timeline
This competency will allow you to demonstrate your ability evaluate how society’s structure adapts to digital growth.
You are working for a local department store in the Operations Department. You notice that their business practices and use of technology are not up to date. You have worked other places that have relied more on digital technology that have been extremely successful, in part because of their operating efficiency.
Your company is considering making upgrades to several of your operating processes. Because of your history of working in more technologically progressive environments, you are asked by your supervisor to create a visual presentation with a timeline of digital growth in the organization and compare it to the digital growth in society in general. In discussing this project with your boss, it is clear that digital growth can refer not only to Internet and computers, but it can also refer to other aspects of business operations such as cash registers, phone services, advertisements, various tools for communication, etc. Your supervisor asks that this timeline be created to help you, your supervisor, and other stakeholders determine the advantages and disadvantages of a proposed upgrade in technology in the workplace with the overall goal of understanding what systems can be put into place or maintained that can help the store run as efficiently as possible. You are told that the timeline can be in any visual format that you choose.
For this timeline, you are to reflect and address the following sets of questions:
· What is digital growth? Where is the company now in terms of digital growth?
· What are some examples of technological advances that could be used in a department store operation?
· What are some possible advantages and disadvantages of using advanced technology?
· What is Big Data? How might Big Data be used in this business?
· What are some possible advantages and disadvantages of the store using Big Data?
· Do you believe that updating technology and business practices will be advantageous? Why or Why not?
Deliverable 2 – Understanding Digital Identity Formation
This competency will allow you to demonstrate your ability to conduct research into how a digital footprint is created by looking at your own personal and professional life to determine your digital identity. In addition, you will be able to examine how an organization’s digital footprint impacts their overall success.
You are working for a local department store in the Operations Department. You notice that their business practices and use of technology are not up to date. One day while working, you are having a discussion about technology and identity formation with your supervisor. Your supervisor continues to explain that individuals and organizations have digital identities that are formed and impacted through various methods. Your supervisor continues, saying, “They can develop or change through social media, positive or negative press, word of mouth, and so on.”
You begin to understand that the digital footprint of a business or organization can greatly impact their success or failure due to many factors, including the rapid dissemination of information that can occur digitally.
Your supervisor, through the course of the discussion, acknowledges that you are very fluent in the area of digital identity and asks you to conduct research and create a visual presentation explaining how digital identity is formed for both individuals and organizations. Your supervisor says, “This visual presentation will be presented to not only me, but company stakeholders and your coworkers in order to help them understand how identity is formed, and how to best maximize digital identity to contribute to the overall success of our store.”
Your supervisor continues, saying, “From this presentation, decision makers will be able to work on identity management and can then implement digital strategies in order to maintain or improve the store’s identity. In the end, this is intended to help increase exposure to the store, enhance the customer base, and the overall success of the store. The visual representation should be interactive and informative and can be presented in any visual format that you choose.”
For this research and presentation, you are to reflect upon and address the following topics:
· What are the key methods of identity development? Consider available technology, socioeconomic status, generational issues, access to technological resources, etc.
· Explain how technology and digital forums can aid in identity formation.
· Consider available technology, socioeconomic status, generational issues, access to technological resources, etc.
· Are there differences between identity development in the digital world and in the physical world?
· As technology improves and changes, what are some things that individuals and organizations do to impact change and development in the digital age?
· How can individuals change the course of action for organizations and their digital footprint?
· How is the digital identity of your store in the above scenario formulated, and what impact might that identity have on the overall success of the store?
Deliverable 6 – Deviance Video Collage
This competency will allow you to demonstrate your understanding of deviance in the digital world and the changes to deviance that we see due to technological advances.
You are working for a local department store in the Operations Department. Since you began working with this organization, you have noticed that your team members are more comfortable with technology. However, the available technology in the store has not been updated. It is also apparent to you that as technology has improved in our society, so has the types of deviant behaviors that occur, and you’re aware that deviant behaviors in both the physical world and in digital environments can impact business practices.
With the observations that you have made, you approach your boss who has also noticed an increase in deviant behaviors within society and has an overall concern about how the store can be impacted.
Because of his increasing concern about the impact of deviant behaviors on the store, and his knowledge of your familiarity with the subject, you are asked by your supervisor to create a video collage that will demonstrate your interpretation of deviance in the digital world and the impact it can have on the store you are working in. Your supervisor informs you that this video collage will be presented to your supervisor and colleagues in order to help you and the business determine the types of deviance that need to be addressed, and how to effectively manage it through daily operations. Your supervisor encourages you to use a variety of visual representations in order to captivate your audience and get your message across.
For this video collage, you are to reflect and address the following questions and information.
· What is defined as deviant in the physical world?
· What is defined as deviant in the digital or online world?
· Compare and contrast deviance between the two environments.
· Consider various forms of deviance in both the physical and virtual worlds, and explain how they impact society.
· How would Conflict Theory define deviance?
· How would Symbolic Interaction Theory define deviance?
· How do the theories discuss impact the meaning or interpretation of deviance in a digital or online environment?
· How do you envision that deviance in the virtual world, or deviance due to technological advances, can impact your store?
· What are some ways to manage various forms of deviance in the day-to-day operations of your store?