After Jesus, no New Testament figure is more important than Paul. It is essential that we have a clear understanding of the background of Paul’s life, for his life and teachings are foundational for an understanding of the message to the original recipients of his epistles. As this becomes clearer to us, we are able to understand the relevance of Paul’s teachings to them. It is then that we are able to transfer this relevance to ourselves in application.
- Read Chapter 10 of the textbook.
- Review the information from last week’s summaries of the following themes: Jewish background material; Greek background material; Roman background material; and the physical setting of the New Testament.
- Determine which aspects of these summaries are important to an understanding of Paul’s epistles.
- Discuss how this information would be helpful in understanding Paul’s epistles.
- It is not necessary to apply a formatting style for this assignment except when using a source to support your writing.
Discuss how this information would be helpful in understanding Paul’s epistles.