8 minutes speech.Follow the template to write an 8-minute speech. Follow the template to write an 8-minute speech. Follow my word
Title: Saving Money
General Purpose: To Inform
Specific Purpose: To inform my audience about the importance of saving money.
Central Idea: The speech will focus on the importance of saving money, specifically its significance for rainy days.
I. Attention Getter (Hook): Rainy Days, a phrases that all of us have come across.
II. Reveal Topic/Audience Connection: We need to be prepared for the rainy days, like at the moment the situation is a representation of rainy days. Whereby the rain is that people are not working and they need to survive.
III. Credibility: there are different days to be prepared for rainy days, but in this case it is saving. I personally, have not been saving and learnt the lesson the hard way. Through getting into enormous debt amount.
IV. Central Idea: Therefore, this speech will show us why we need to save and how we will do that. Because almost everybody understands the concept of saving money.
V. Transition Statement: Saving has a lot of dynamics it is not only, putting aside money, it involves a lot of aspects. Let’s look at them…
I. Main Point: Importance of Saving Money
A. There are various reasons for but the main reason is that we cannot predict the future. Savings helps to have a safety net in the rainy days and be financially secure.
1. Support material: Fontinelle 2019, points out that “Saving money is worth the effort. It gives you peace of mind, it gives you options, and the more you save, the easier it becomes to accumulate additional savings.” Meaning that it is important to save even if you are not financially stable.
2. Support material: Caldwell 2020, points out that saving for retirement is important. The sooner one starts to save for retirement the easier it will be to achieve the savings goals, also it will means the savings will be less in future.
B. There are also other reasons why we save, Retirement, Education (costs very high) and generally for Emergencies. All of these create one environment that gives an individual apiece of mind.
1. Support Material: Fontinelle 2019, points out: “If you already have next month’s rent taken care of by the first week of the current month, if you know you can get by without work for three to six months, if you have savings accounts for your children’s education and your own retirement that you’re regularly funding, you’ll sleep better at night.”
2. Support Material: When we have money, we tend to have less stress, because most of the things like rent and maybe college school fees is what stresses people up. Therefore having money in the back saved for rent or school fees it means you will have peace. According to Fontinelle 2019.
(Having established that saving are very important, it is important to establish how to save.)
II. Main Point: How much can you save?
A. Savings is ultimately based on the financial abilities of individuals, every individual has different abilities, meaning that we cannot have a “one size fits all,” saving. Everyone should save according to their limits.
1. Support material: Parker 2020, points out that the following questions will guide on to know how much you will save. “Are there any variable expenses that I can reduce or eliminate? is there anything I Spend money on that I could eliminate and apply towards savings?”
2. Support material: Parker 2020, established that “Most financial gurus would probably agree that if you start saving something, that’s a great first step. Plan to raise that amount over time.” whereby the 50/30/20 rule can be applied to help in establishing how you can save.
(Therefore the next step is to establish how you will save the money after establishing how much you will save)
III. Main Point: Tips for Saving Money
A. Frugality, buying cheaper items as long as they are of quality and serve the purpose.
1. Support material: Frugality will help to achieve the financial goals, meaning you will reach you goal easier if you reduce the expenditure (Kumok 2020).
2. Support material: Kumok 2020, also points out that, “Making more money is only a stopgap if you don’t know how to spend your money wisely. It doesn’t matter if you make an extra $200 a month but don’t stop to save or invest the money.”
I. Signal end is near: Concluding, saving is important and necessary it is a healthy financial trait.
II. Summary Statement: We have established the steps in saving and actually it makes the process easier.
III. Restate Main Points: We have looked at the importance of saving, how much one can save and the ways to save, whereby these three aspects will guide one to be a saving guru.
IIII. Close with impact: these practices are what I have been able to get in my research, obviously here more techniques, making this a beginners guide is the best thing to do.
Frugality: Explanation & Top Frugal Living Tips by Zina Kumok, April 30, 2020. Retrieved from
How Much Cash Should I Keep in the Bank? By Tim Parker, March 29, 2020. Retrieved from
Top 7 Reasons to Save Your Money by Miriam Caldwell, March 26, 2020. Retrieved from
Why Saving Money is Important by Amy Fontinelle, July 15, 2019. Retrieved from