Review the following lecture:
- Healthcare Workforce Diversity
Before beginning work on this assignment, please review the expanded grading rubric for specific instructions relating to content and formatting.
Review the following article:
Rosenkoetter, M., Nardi, D., & Bowcutt, M. (2017). Internationally educated nurses in transition in the United States: Challenges and mediators. The Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing, 48(3), 139–144. doi: 10.3928/00220124-20170220-10
Additional articles providing background information:
- Hongyan, L., Wenbo, N., & Junxin, L. (2014). The benefits and caveats of international nurse migration. International Journal of Nursing Sciences, 1(3), 314–317. Retrieved from https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2352013214000787
- Walani, S. R. (2015). Global migration of internationally educated nurses: Experiences of employment discrimination. International Journal of Africa Nursing Sciences, 3, 65–70. Retrieved from https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2214139115000220
After you have read the articles, respond to the following:
- What are the professional requirements for internationally educated nurses (IENs) migrating to the United States?
- What positions do IENs play in the United States?
- What challenges do healthcare organizations face with IENs?
- What challenges, both professional and personal, are encountered by IENs?
- Identify one issue contained in the article Internationally Educated Nurses in Transition in the United States and explain its importance and how you, as an administrator, might address it, please explain your position.
To support your work, use your course and textbook readings. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
- Submit this topic as a 3- to 4-page Microsoft Word document. Use APA standards for citations and references.
- Cite a minimum of three outside peer-reviewed sources to support your assertions