- Charles Alexander Eastman
Winona, the Child Woman from Old Indian Days (courtesy of Project Gutenburg)Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay onqsn
- Helen Hunt Jackson
A Century of Dishonor
- Sherman J. Alexie, Jr.
- N. Scott Momaday
The Priest of the Sun
“The Priest of the Sun” is located in Chapter 2 of the eBook “House Made of Dawn.” You can find this eBook in the database 3M. For information on using 3M, click here: http://rasmussen.libanswers.com/faq/32836
- Simon J. Ortiz
Men on the Moon
Compare and contrast two Native American writers (compare an early to a recent Native American writer or compare two writers that captivated your interest). Consider how dialogue, description, and details are used or explore significant changes in voice, theme, and characterization in these stories about diversity in America. Respond in a five-paragraph APA essay format with quotes, proper in-text citations, and references.
Please be sure to include the following in your assignment submission:
- Write a formal, 5-paragraph essay in APA format, including a cover page, in response to this question. Base your answer on your own observations and support your assertions quoting from your assigned readings.
- Read the assigned readings from the Native American Literature sections. Highlight quotes, summarize, or paraphrase from this week’s readings and be sure to include an in-text citation in proper APA format (Author, year, p. X).
- Include three quotes from our readings. When we discuss literature, it is all about the words before us. They are ours to consider and reflect on. So, you will want to make a strong assertion and prove it, or support it, by quoting from the readings. Include three quotes in our essay.
- Create a strong thesis for your essay. A thesis states your main idea in a sentence. A sample thesis (which you are free to use) might be: Charles Alexander Eastman and Sherman Alexie, Jr., both award-winning authors with strong cultural roots, differ greatly in voice, theme, and characterization of Native American culture.
- Be sure to include an APA reference page. For complete instructions on APA, see your college Online Library, which you can access through the Resources tab