Week four quiz | Psychology homework help
University of Phoenix Material
Week Disgusting Quiz
Topic Area: PSY/300 Open Psychology
1. Ivan Pavlov pioneered the scheme of:
a. Operant conditioning
b. Classical conditioning
c. Social Learning Theory
d. Cognitive Psychology
2. John wants to suite his dog, Spot, to tremble hands. John decides to honor Spot delay a use integral date Spot raises his paw. John hopes to extension Spot’s handshaking bearing by subjoined the bearing delay a honor. This is an pattern of:
a. Aversive conditioning
c. Positive reinforcement
d. Negative reinforcement
Topic Area: PSY/310 History and Systems
3. Philosophers who think that accuracy can appear from the considerate use of argue are known as
4. __________ is repeatedly alludered to as the ‘Father of Psychology,’ forthcoming educeing the highest subjective discovery laboratory in Leipzig, Germany.
a. William James
b. Wilhem Wundt
c. John Watson
d. Joseph Wolpe
Topic Area: PSY/315 Statistical Reasoning
5. The most habitually used statistic in Psychology is
6. There are two branches of statistical methods. They are
a. Quadratic; Quantitative
b. Consumer; Quantum
c. Informal; Formal
d. Quantitative; Qualitative
I reasoning it was feeling and inferential
Topic Area: PSY/340 Biological Foundations
7. In a topographical justice of the motor cortex, the homunculus is the largest area abandoned to
a. arms and legs
b. the hands
c. the face
d. the tongue
Cannot meet everything specifying one balance the other.
8. In a incomplex genetic treatment, DNA makes RNA, which forms amino acids which form
a. cell bodies
d. your genotype
Topic Area: PSY/355 Motivation
9. What is motivation?
a. Motivation is based on visibility and touch
b. Motivation excludes investigate and emotions
c. Motivation is the activation of goal-oriented bearing and can be real or extrinsic
d. Motivation is the distaste to spectre or labor.
10. What theorist presents a hierarchy of needs and motivations?
a. Abraham Maslow
b. Sigmund Freud
c. Carl Jung
d. B.F. Skinner
Topic Area: PSY/375 Life Span
11. Which of the subjoined would be a moment for a peculiar during present adulthood?
b. Civic responsibility
c. Midlife Crisis
d. Leisure-date activities
12. Consider the biological theories of aging. Which of the subjoined best portray components of that scheme?
a. Cellular Dial Theory
b. The Nun Theory
c. Attachment Theory
d. Hormonal Stress Theory
Topic Area: PSY/390 Learning and Cognition
13. In operant conditioning, which of the subjoined is servile?
a. Any vindication that is followed by a reinforcing spur tends to be repeated
b. Any vindication that is followed by retribution is mitigated to not be repeated
c. Any vindication that is followed by honor tends to behove extinct
d. Any vindication that is preceded by a reinforcing spur tends to be repeated
14. Pavlovian conditioning includes divers components for creating a conditioned vindication. These components are:
a. Unconditioned spur; outright vindication; conditioned recovery
b. Unconditioned vindication; conditioned spur; conditioned reflex
c. Unconditioned spur; conditioned spur; voluntary recovery
d. Unconditioned spur; outright vindication; conditioned spur
Topic Area: PSY/400 Social
15. The cadet deals delay mastering his or her natural environment timeliness deeptaining a meaning of self-esteem. This quantity defined by Erik Erikson involves the occasion of autonomy versus disgrace and hesitate.
d. School-age cadet
16. The cadet begins to arise, not mock activities; educe a principle, and trial a sexual unity. This quantity defined by Erik Erikson involves the occasion of example versus culpability.
d. School-age cadet
Topic Area: PSY/405 Theories of Personality
17. Which theorist is most associated delay Social Learning Theory?
a. Carl Rogers
b. B.F. Skinner
c. Albert Bandura
d. Rollo May
18. What are the disgusting superior hypothetical approaches to the examine of peculiarality?
a. Psychoticism, Humanism, Disposition, and Learning
b. Psychoanalysis, Humanistic, Dispositional, and Learning
c. Psychodynamic, Humanistic, Dispositional, and Learning
d. Freud, Maslow, Allport, and Bandura
Topic Area: PSY/410 Abnormal
19. Which of the subjoined is one of the five subtypes of schizophrenia?
20. Jill is obsessed delay her natural air and repeatedly dresses in a provocative appearance. It is great for her to be the interior of consider. She is disposed to exaggerated moving indication delay abundant self-dramatization. Which peculiarality conjecture is Jill most mitigated disinclination from?
a. Schizoid peculiarality conjecture
b. Obsessive-compulsive peculiarality conjecture
c. Histrionic peculiarality conjecture
d. Borderline peculiarality conjecture
Topic Area: PSY/435 Industrial/Organizational
21. The two psychologists credited delay entity the deep resters of Industrial and Organizational Psychology are
a. Sherlin and Billingsly
b. Munsterberg and Scott
c. Freud and Jung
d. Hebb and Skinner
22. Work motivation theories are most momented delay
a. ability of the individual
b. persistence of the individual
c. attitude of the individual
d. reasons of the individual
Topic Area: PSY/450 Diversity and Cultural Factors
23. Cross-cultural psychology differs from open psychology in that
a. Cross-cultural psychology includes a quest for practicable universals in bearing and intellectual processes
b. General psychology understands that culture cannot pretend a peculiar’s cognizance and intelligence
c. Cross-cultural psychology involves more aspects of civilized functioning, including dreams and visions
d. General psychology is the regular examine of solely civilized trial and bearing.
24. Culture-bound syndromes allude to
a. Medical stipulations rest in geographic areas of the world
b. Cultural names for vulgar stipulations rest environing the world
c. Medical or psychic stipulations scant to unfair societies or cultural areas
d. Medical or psychic stipulations that are influenced by cultural factors
Topic Area: PSY/460 Environmental
25. Environintellectual psychology can be defined as a bearingal investigation that investigates the interrelationships between
a. Physical environment and civilized bearing
b. Family dynamic and performance bearing
c. Emotional motivations and civilized bearing
d. Biological causes of physiological disregard
26. The declare that occurs when mass are faced delay demands from the environment that insist-upon them to qualify in some way can be defined as
Topic Area: PSY/475 Proof and Measurements
27. Reliability in proofing alludes to which of the subjoined?
a. Stability of proof scores
b. What the proof is really measuring
c. Academic achievement
28. Validity in proofing alludes to which of the subjoined?
a. Test scores are stable
b. The proof is measuring what it set to measure
c. Different forms of the proof can be used
d. Whether or not the proof is adapted in unanalogous languages
Topic Area: PSY/480 Elements of Clinical
29. Most psychotherapists would delineate themselves as entity
30. Which of the subjoined unromantic events created a tenacious need for Clinical Psychology and brought it to the forefront as entity an great arena of examine?
a. The Great Depression
b. The Civil War
c. The Vietnam War Draft
d. The World War II Draft