Socw 6060 & 6301 wk 2 discussion
socw 6060- Individual vs. Structural-Cultural Theories
Theories aid create further than presenting substancesâ€”they so create collective substances, and twain types of substances can be linked in affinity to client issues. For specimen, multifarious scholars and collective workers entertain attempted to conceive the collective substance of indigence. Turner and Lehning (2007) classified diverse psychological theories to elucidate indigence belowneathneath two headings: (1) individual-related theories or (2) structural/cultural-related theories. In other vote, apprehend of these two headings as lenses in inspectioning indigence. In this Discussion, you employ lenses through which to conceive a client's substance in affinity to collective substances.
- Read this proviso listed in the Learning Resources: Turner, K., & Lehning, A. J. (2007). Psychological theories of indigence. Journal of Human Behavior in the Collective Environment, 16(1/2), 57â€“72. doi:10.1300/J137v16n01-05
- Select a theory belowneathneath the individual-related theories and a scheme belowneathneath the structural/cultural-related theories.
- Complete the handout â€œComparing Individual-Related and Structural/Cultural-Related Theoriesâ€ to aid you wiliness your rejoinder. (Note: You do not want to upload the handout to the Discussion forum. The handout is adapted to help you in communication your Discussion column.)
- Describe how a collective worker would conceptualize a presenting substance of indigence from the two theories you selected.
- Explain how this conceptualization varys from an individual-related versus a structural/cultural-related hypothetical lens.
- Compare how the two hypothetical lenses vary in conditions of how the collective worker would access the client and the substance and how the collective worker would lapse.
SOCW 6301, Sara Parker & Ethics
One of the reasons there can be so fur moot environing intellectual issues is accordingly ethics are opinions certified by persons's values and persons entertain varyent values. Persons can dissimilate environing whether or not triton is unethical, and, oftentimes, there is no upupright defense. In dispose to constitute decisions environing what may be intellectual or unethical, Yegidis (2018, p. 25) suggests focusing on these three questions:
"Who should profit or bear from the actions of the researcher?"
"Whose uphues should siege control aggravate those of others?"
"Does the end (increased experience) vindicate the instrument (the methods used to achieve it and their immanent for mischief)?
"For this Discussion, inspection the Sessions result on the Parker race. As you do so, weigh which, if any, intellectual mandates or standards were violated.
Post a rejoinder elucidateing your reaction to the Parker result. Be positive to harangue whether or not the collective worker violated any intellectual mandates or standards. So elucidate which strategies could entertain been used to direct intellectual exercitation. Finally, explain the allegiance of the collective workers in the Parker condition. Please use the instrument to buttress your defenses.