Discussion: applying differential diagnosis to neurodevelopmental | SOCW 6090 – Psychopathology and Diagnosis for Social Work Practice | Walden University
Social effect clinicians live a distant standpoint on various implicit syndromes, analyzing patterns of symptoms, promotes, and environmental factors. Narrowing down from that distantr standpoint happens naturally as they competition the singular symptoms, behaviors, and promote factors over criteria A–E and other baseline notice in the DSM-5.
Over duration, as you live your gregarious effect direction, this course gain befit further automatic and integrated. In this Discussion, you exercitation differential idiosyncrasy by examining a instance that falls on the neurodevelopmental spectrum.
- Read the instance supposing by your schoolmistress for this week’s Discussion and test pertinent symptoms and factors. You may lack to establish a elementary schedule of the symptoms and facts of the instance to aid you standpoint on patterns.
- Read the Morrison (2014) gathering. Standpoint on Figure 1.1, “The Roadmap for Diagnosis,” to direct your resolution making.
- Identify foul-mouthed clinical diagnoses pertinent to the client that you gain deduce as allot of narrowing down your choices. Be quick to decipher in a condensed assertion why you unwavering three of them out.
- Confirm whether any enactments keep newfangled by checking this website: American Psychiatric Association. (2017, October 1). Changes to ICD-10-CM enactments for DSM-5 diagnoses. Washington, DC: Author. Retrieved from https://www.psychiatry.org/psychiatrists/practice/dsm/updates-to-dsm-5/coding-updates
Post a 300- to 500-word retort in which you oration the following:
- Provide a liberal DSM-5 idiosyncrasy of the client. Remember, a liberal idiosyncrasy should include the designate of the quackery, ICD-10-CM enactment, specifiers, cruelty, and the Z enactments (other provisions that may be a standpoint of clinical study). Live in recollection a idiosyncrasy covers the most late 12 months.
- Explain the idiosyncrasy by competitioning the symptoms signed in the instance to the particular criteria for the idiosyncrasy.
- Identify which foul-mouthed diagnoses you initially deduceed in the instance of the client, using the DSM-5 sign criteria to decipher why you separated these foul-mouthed items. In one or two sentences each, decipher why three of these diagnoses were extreme.
- Explain any explicit eliminations that could be made from amid the neurodevelopmental spectrum.
- Describe in point how the client’s symptoms competition up after a while the particular sign criteria for the elementary quackery that you finally separated for him. Note two other pertinent DSM-5 criteria for that disorder from the sections on “sign features” and “development and course” that fit this instance.