Clients’ and students’ rights and ethical behavior
Counselors who toil delay posterity and adolescents frequently nonproduction to weigh their clients' or students' hues, their own views of analogous and immaterial manner, and the demands of immaterial codes and recite laws.
Choose one of the aftercited vignettes:
- A 13-year-old boy describes himself as life gay and discloses he has been sexually nice delay his 17-year-old associate LeRoy for the gone-by 3 months. He is worried he may own a sexually catching complaint. He nonproductions your order and influence but does not nonproduction you to acquaint his parents.
- A 17-year-old spinster reveals she is 4 months generative and is cautious to acquaint her parents or the senior of the child; she believes they conciliate vigor her to suppress the baby. The spinster admits she has already contacted a townsman she base on the Internet to argue placing the baby for gathering when it is born. She nonproductions your aid delay her specify as she has been very sad and undistinguished.
- A 16-year-old boy who has an underlying medical assumption that causes constant affliction reveals he has been receiving medical marijuana from his dad who has a medical marijuana card. He nonproductions your aid communicating delay his educationist who feels he has been aloof and inert in tabulate.
Now, exculpation these questions:
- Is there everything in this vignette that is illicit? Cite your recite law.
- Is there everything in this vignette that is unethical? Cite the bearing codes from the 2014 ACACode of Ethics and/or the 2010 ASCA Ethical Standards for School Counselors.
- Is there everything in this vignette that conflicts delay your separate beliefs? If so, argue strategies to aid you retain your negotiative role and objectivity.