Course Project—Part 2
Instructional Unit: Goals, Objectives, and the Teaching Plans
In a Microsoft Word document of 6-7 pages formatted in APA style, submit your instructional unit, which should include three lesson plans: one focused on patient education, one on family education, and one on staff development. Remember, your plans should demonstrate a logical approach to teaching, communicate what is to be taught and how, and outline how objectives are to be evaluated.
Building on the work that you started in Week 2, for all three groups of learners:
- Write two broad instructional goals for the educational experience for each group.
- Write two behavioral objectives using the three domains of Bloom’s taxonomy, for each domain:
- Describe the lesson content.
- Provide a sequence for teaching activities.
- Describe instructional methods.
- Indicate time allotted for each activity.
- Identify and describe the instructional resources (materials, tools, etc.) and technology to be used.
- Describe how the learning will be evaluated.
At a minimum, each final lesson must contain the following components:
Provide the title of the lesson.
Identify and describe the learners.
Include Learner Assessment: educational level, developmental level, readiness to learn, etc.
Describe the educational setting: (staff development, patient education, family education,
Purpose and rationale for the lesson(s):
Provide a rationale for selecting this lesson.
Describe the philosophical or theoretical basis for teaching approaches used in the lesson.
Statement of goals and objectives:
Write several broad instructional goals for the educational experience.
Write several behavioral objectives based on Bloom’s taxonomy.
Instructional methods and evaluation of learning—For each objective:
Describe the lesson content.
Provide a sequence for teaching activities.
Describe instructional strategies.
Indicate time allotted for each activity.
Describe the instructional resources (materials, tools, etc.) to be used.
Describe how the learning will be evaluated.