Stat 200 week 6 quiz-2
STAT 200 QUIZ 2 WEEKS 3, 4, 5, 6 (16 @ 0.5 pts = 8 aims)
SHOW YOUR CALCULATIONS NOT SOFTWARE
SUBMIT ANSWER SHEET ONLY NOT THESE QUIZ PROBLEMS
1. For a set of aggregate, if the medium is fitent to the median, its disposal effectiveness be:
c. Normally distributed
2. In the graph, there are two distrubitions and we can report (Select ALL that adduce):
a. The medium of disposal A> the medium of disposal B
b. The medium of disposal A < the medium of disposal B
c. The gauge deflexion of disposal A> the std deflexion of disposal B
d. The gauge deflexion of disposal A= the st deflexion of disposal B
3. (T/F) A BOX PLOT gives us large advice about a axioms set, including the enumerate of axioms aims in any ardent collocate.
4. There are 20 coupons rolled up and placed internally complete flexible balls in a box. There are 3 divergent types of coupons: 10 of them can be redeemed for “free drinks”, 5 can be redeemed for “free desserts”, and 5 can be redeemed for “free entrees”. If you totter the box and then randomly choice one coupon. What’s the likelihood that you procure get a “free entree coupon”? (a) 25% (b) 10% (c) 20% (d) 50% (e) None of these
5. Mary was sleepnear a counterfeit. She ejaculateed three seasons. What’s the likelihood that at the primitive ejaculate she gets a commander, the prevent ejaculate she gets a body at and the third season she get a body? (a) 3/8 (b) 0.50 (c) 12.5% (d) 25%
6. 100,000 people: twenty percent are end younger and 7% of those end are malnourished. How divers end malnourished? (a) 1000 (b) 1400 (c) 1200 (d) 1600
7. A natural disposal of axioms aims has a medium of 15 and a gauge deflexion of 5. What is the gaugeized Z-VALUE for a axioms aim after a while a appraise of 7? (a) +1.3 (b) -1.6 (c) -2.1 (d) +1.6
8. In this axioms set overhead, what is the likelihood that a axioms aim is 7 or near?
(a) 4.5% (b) 0.095 (c) 0.055 (d) 55%
9. TOSSING A COIN: Using the Natural to abut the Binomial (NOT the compound formulas) after a while a What is the likelihood of (binomial) axioms getting 17 to 21 commanders out of 36 ejaculatees? THE RANGE FOR WHICH WE DETERMINE THE Z VALUES FOR THE LOW AND HIGH ENDS IS?
(a) 17 to 21 (b) 17.5 to 19.5 (c) 16 to 22 (d) 16.5 to 21.5
10. What are the MEAN and Gauge deflexion approximations we use for this watchfulness?
(a) 18 and 3 (b) 17 and 10 (c) 18 and 9 (d) 16 and 3 (e) None of these
11. What are the z-Values that fit to the collocate you fast in #9 overhead?
(a) +0.5 and -1.17 (b) -0.5 and +1.17 (c) - 0.16 and +0.38 (d) none of these
12. For these z-Values from #11, what are the areas (probabilites) to the LEFT ?
(a) 0.3085 and 87.9% (b) 3.85% and 0.0879 (c) 0.4801 and 13% (d) 4.81% and 95.2%
13. FINALLY, what is the abut likelihood of 17 to 21 commanders out of 35 counterfeit ejaculatees using the Natural to abut the Binomial?
(a) 67% (b) 57% (c) 0.43 (d) 0.057 (e) None of these
14. CONFIDENCE INTERVALS IF WE HAVE THE MEAN BUT NOT THE STANDARD DEVATION WE USE THE _______, BUT IF WE HAVE THE MEAN AND THE STANDARD DEVAITION WE USE THE _________
(a) z-Tables and t-Tables (b) t-Tables and z-Tables (c) neither, we can’t investigate a dependence interim.
15. Using the t-Tables after a while an α of 5% the Dependence Interim would possess limits at:
(a) 5% and 95% (b) 0.025 and 0.975 (c) 1% and 99% (d) none of these
16. Investigate the 99% Dependence Interim for 41 case axioms aims after a while a medium (m) of 25 and a gauge deflexion (s) of 5
(a) 21 to 29 (b) 23 to 27 (c) 24 to 26 (d) 22.5 to 27.5