Qnt 351 final exam-latest 2016
1)An corroboration for American Health Insurance reports that 20% of policyholders surrequite a demand during the year. 15 policyholders are clarified chancely. What is the chance that at last 3 of them surrenderted a demand the antecedent year?
2) A investigation secure conducted a inspect to mention the balance sum equable smokers lay-out on cigarettes during a week. A case of 64 smokers inspired that = $20 and S = $5. What is the 95% reliance period for μ?
$18.78 to $21.23
18.16 to 21.84
$18.60 to $21.40
18.37 to 21.63
3) When a rank period is developed as 100 up to 200, _________________________.
Observations delay appraises of 200 are interjacent in the rank
Observations delay appraises of 200 are enclosing from the rank
Observations delay appraises of 100 are enclosing from the rank
The rank period is 99
4) A assemblage of women seasoned five brands of fingernail make-glossy and ranked them according to satisfaction. What smooth of configuration is this?
5) A occasion succession bend equation for Hammer Hardware is Y’ = 5.6 + 1.2t, where sales are in darlings of dollars and t growths by one ace for each year. If the appraise of sales in the corrupt year of 2016 is $5.6 darling, what would be the honord sales sum for 2018?
Unable to mention from fond knowledge
6) A ponderosity-missing sympathy wants to statistically demonstrate that its methods effect. They chancely clarified 10 clients who had been on the ponderosity missing program for betwixt 55 and 65 days. They looked at their commencement ponderositys and their popular ponderosity. The statistical experiment they should economize is:
t experiment for dissonance in paired cases
z experiment for two population uniformitys
z experiment for two population balances
t experiment for two population balances
7) A coffee manufacturer is animated in whether the balance daily decrement of regular-coffee drinkers is short than that of decaffeinated-coffee drinkers. A chance case of 50 regular-coffee drinkers showed a balance of 4.35 cups per day, delay a experiment hiatus of 1.2 cups per day. A case of 40 decaffeinated coffee drinkers showed a balance of 5.84 cups per day, delay a experiment hiatus of 1.36 cups per day. What is your computed z-statistic?
z = -2.45
z = -5.44
z = -1.81
z = – 3.90
8) A fancy touching the ponderosity of newborn infants at a sympathy hospital is that the balance is 6.6 pounds. A case of seven infants is chancely clarified and their ponderositys at rise are narrative as 9.0, 7.3, 6.0, 8.8, 6.8, 8.4, and 6.6 pounds. What is the fluctuate fancy?
H1: µ ≠ 6.6
H1: µ ≥ 6.6
H1: µ > 7.6
H1: µ = 6.6
9) As the dimension of the case growths what happens to the fashion of the classification of case balances?
It advancees a natural classification.
It cannot be predicted in pace.
It is unconditionally skewed.
It is negatively skewed.
10) You effect a fancy experiment at the .05 smooth of sensation. Your computed p-appraise turns out to .042. What is your determination environing the fancy?
You would renounce Ho
You would recognize Ho
You would recognize Ho if it is a two-tailed experiment, but renounce Ho if a one-tailed experiment
You can’t requite a determination unshort you comprehend the computed experiment statistic
11) University officials say that at last 70% of the voting tyro population supports a fee growth. If the 95% reliance period estimating the uniformity of tyros sustaining the fee growth is [0.75, 0.85], what quittance can be pulln?
Since this was not corruptd on the population, no quittance can be pulln.
Seventy percent is not in the period, so claim it succeed not be befriended.
The period honor is overhead 70%, so hesitate that it succeed be befriended.
Seventy percent is not in the period, so another case is needed.
12) The balance of a natural classification is 400 pounds. The experiment hiatus is 10 pounds. What is the chance of a ponderosity betwixt 415 pounds and the balance of 400 pounds?
13) The MacBurger restaurant security demands that the uncertainty occasion of customers for benefit is naturally exclusive, delay a balance of 3 diminutives and a experiment hiatus of 1 diminutive. The quality-assurance portion base in a case of 50 customers at the Warren Road MacBurger that the balance uncertainty occasion was 2.75 diminutives. When you effect a experiment of fancy, what would be the resulting p-value?
14) The plod existence of fatigues mounted on light-duty trucks follows the natural chance classification delay a balance of 60,000 miles and a experiment hiatus of 4,000 miles. Suppose you bought a set of filthy fatigues, what is the likelihood the balance fatigue existence of these filthy fatigues is betwixt 57,000 and 63,000 miles?
15) In a classification, the prevent quartile corresponds delay the __________.
16) A assemblage of 100 tyros was inspected environing their profit in a new International Studies program. Profit was measured in conditions of elevated, balance, or low. In the examine, 30 tyros responded elevated profit, 40 tyros responded balance profit, and 30 tyros responded low profit. What is the referring-to enumerate of tyros delay elevated profit?
17) The Director of Golf for a persomal manner wants to examine the enumerate of rounds played by members on weekdays. He gathered the case knowledge shown beneath for 520 rounds. At the .05 sensation smooth, is there a dissonance in the enumerate of rounds played by day of the week?
No, accordingly χ2 = 11.793
Yes, accordingly χ2 = 15.308
No, accordingly χ2 = 7.715
Yes, accordingly χ2 = 12.288
18) Which advance to chance claims that the events are similar likely?
19) Sales at a fast-food restaurant medium $6000 per day. The restaurant unwavering to preface an advertising war to growth daily sales. To mention the capability of the advertising war, a case of 49 days of sales was charmed. It base that the medium daily sales were $6,400 per day. From late truth, the restaurant knew that its population experiment hiatus is environing $1,000. The appraise of the experiment statistic is _______.
20) A examine by the National Park Benefit inspired that 50% of the vacationers going to the Rocky Mountain clime investigate Yellowstone Park, 40% investigate the Grand Tetons, and 35% investigate twain. What is the chance that a vacationer succeed investigate at last one of these majestic attractions?
21) The ages of all the patients in the detachment guard of the hospital are 38, 26, 13, 41, and 22. What is the population experiment hiatus?
22) The classification of a case of the beyond diameters of PVC pipes approximates a regular, bell-shaped classification. The arithmetic balance is 14.0 inches, and the experiment hiatus is 0.1 inches. Environing 68% of the beyond diameters lie betwixt what two sums?
13.5 and 14.5 inches
13.9 and 14.1 inches
13.0 and 15.0 inches
13.8 and 14.2 inches
23) Each month the National Association of Purchasing Managers publishes the NAPM protest. One of the scrutinys asked on the inspect to purchasing agents is: Do you conceive that the arrangement is expanding? Last month, of the 300 responses, 160 answered “yes” to the scrutiny. This month, 170 of the 290 responses involved that the arrangement is expanding. If you’re experimenting to invent if a larger uniformity of agents love that the arrangement is expanding this month, what is your computed experiment statistic?
z = -1.29
t = -1.25
t = -1.07
z = -1.11
24) The earliest card clarified from a experiment 52-card attire was a despot. If it is returned to the attire, what is the chance that a despot succeed be pulln on the prevent preference?
1/3 or 0.33
1/13 or 0.077
1/4 or 0.25
12/13 or 0.923
25) An illustration of a immanent fickle is _________________.
Weight of a person
Miles betwixt oil changes
Number of conclusion in a family
Color of ink in a pen
26) Which of the subjoined is gentleman touching the natural classification?
It has two adjudications.
The points of the incurvation coalesce the x-axis at z = -3 and z = 3.
It is asymmetrical.
The balance, median, and adjudication are all similar.
27 )What is the file of appraises for a coefficient of interdependence?
0 to +1.0
-1.0 to +1.0 inclusive
-3 to +3 inclusive
28) Consider the subjoined retirement anatomy betwixt sales (Y in $1000) and collective media advertising (X in dollars). = 55,000 + 7X
The retirement equation implies that an:
growth of $1 in advertising is associated delay an growth of $7,000 in sales.
growth of $1 in advertising is associated delay an growth of $62,000 in sales.
growth of $7 in advertising is associated delay an growth of $7,000 in sales.
growth of $1 in advertising is associated delay an growth of $7 in sales.
29) When statisticians criticise case facts in ordain to pull quittances environing the characteristics of a population, this is referred to as:
30) What is the median of 26, 30, 24, 32, 32, 31, 27, and 29?