Multiple choices | Mathematics homework help
1. In a poll, respondents were asked whether they had always been in a car additament. 220 respondents implied that they had been in a car additament and 370 respondents said that they had not been in a car additament. If one of these respondents is wildly separated, what is the presumption of getting someone who has been in a car additament? Round to the frequented thousandth.A. 0.384 B. 0.380 C. 0.373D. 0.370
P(accident) = 220 / (220 + 370) = 0.373
2. If you flip a fabricate three durations, the likely outcomes are HHH, HHT, HTH, HTT, THH, THT, TTH, TTT. What is the presumption of getting at insignificantest one division?
A. 4/9 B. 5/6 C. 7/8 D. 5/8
P(at insignificantest one division) = (Number of co-operations succeeding a while one or past H) / (Total enumerate of co-operations)
P(at insignificantest one division) = 7 / 8
3. Joe negotiatet 20 cards from a flag 52-card set-in-order, and the enumerate of red cards exceeded the enumerate of sombre cards by 8. He reshuffled the cards and negotiatet 30 cards. This duration, the enumerate of red cards exceeded the enumerate of sombre cards by 10. Particularize which negotiate is closer to the 50/50 relative of red/sombre awaited of impartially negotiatet hands from a impartial set-in-order and why.
A. The principal succession is closer consequently 1/10 is farther from 1/2 than is 1/8.
B. The succession closer to the hypothetical 50/50 cannot be established spontaneous the enumerate of red and sombre cards for each negotiate is consecrated.
C. The prevent succession is closer consequently 20/30 is closer to 1/2 than is 14/20.
D. The principal succession is closer consequently the variety betwixt red and sombre is insignificanter than the variety in the prevent succession.
1st negotiate: 14 red and 6 sombre P(red) = 14/20 = 0.70
2nd negotiate: 20 red and 10 sombre P(red) = 20/30 = 0.67 < 0.70
4. Suppose you keep an greatly unimpartial die: The presumption of a 6 is 3/8, and the presumption of each other enumerate is 1/8. If you cast the die 32 durations, how manifold twos do you await to see?A. 2 B. 4 C. 3 D. 5
E(2) = np = 32(1/8) = 4
5. A dispose consists of 50 women and 82 men. If a scholar is wildly separated, what is the presumption that the scholar is a woman?
A. 32/132 B. 25/66C. 50/132 D. 82/132
P(woman) = 50 / (50 + 82) = 50/132 = 25/66
6. If you flip a fabricate three durations, the likely outcomes are HHH, HHT, HTH, HTT, THH, THT, TTH, TTT. What is the presumption that at insignificantest two divisions take-place coherently?
A. 1/8 B. 3/8 C. 5/8 D. 6/8
P(two coherent H) = (Number of co-operations succeeding a while HH) / (Total enumerate of combinations)
P(two coherent H) = 3/8
7. Suppose you buy 1 ticket for $1 out of a lottery of 1000 tickets where the booty for the one engaging ticket is to be $500. What is your awaited appraise?
A. $0.00 B. −$0.40 C. −$1.00 D. −$0.50
E(x) = (1/1000)($500) – 1 = $0.50 - $1 = -$0.50
8. If you flip a fabricate three durations, the likely outcomes are HHH, HHT, HTH, HTT, THH, THT, TTH, TTT. What is the presumption of getting at insignificantest two tails?
A. 1/2 B. 2/3 C. 3/4 D. 4/9
P(at insignificantest 2 T) = (Number of co-operations succeeding a while 2 or past T) / (Total enumerate
P(at insignificantest 2 T) = 4/8 = ½
9. A bag contains indelicate driblets of which one is red, one is cerulean-colored-colored, one is chill, and one is yellow. A driblet is separated at wild from the bag and then replaced in the bag. A prevent driblet is then separated at wild. Execute a catalogue of the likely outcomes (for stance, RB personates the outcome red driblet followed by cerulean-colored-colored-colored driblet) and use your catalogue to detailize the presumption that the two driblets separated are the selfselfcorresponding tinge. (Hint: There are 16 likely outcomes.)A. 1/4 B. ¾ C. 2/16 D. 3/16
Possible outcomes: RR RB RG RY
BR BB BG BY
GR GB GG GY
YR YB YG YY
P(two of selfselfcorresponding tinge) = (Number of co-operations succeeding a while selfselfcorresponding tinge) / (Total
enumerate of co-operations)
P(two of selfselfcorresponding tinge) = 4/16 = ¼
10. A committee of three mass is to be formed. The three mass earn be separated from a catalogue of five likely committee parts. A undesigning wild specimen of three mass is enthralled, succeeding a whileout reinstatement, from the assembly of five mass. Using the learning A, B, C, D, E to personate the five mass, catalogue the likely specimens of largeness three and use your catalogue to detailize the presumption that B is intervening in the specimen. (Hint: There are 10 likely specimens.)A. 0.6 B. 0.4 C. 0.7 D. 0.8
Sample space: ABC ABD ABE ACD ACE
ADE BCD BCE BDE CDE
P(co-operation includes B) = (Number of co-operations including B) / (Total
enumerate of co-operations)
P(co-operation includes B) = 6/10 = 0.6
11. In the principal succession of flattens of a die, the enumerate of odd enumerates exceeded the enumerate of equable enumerates by 5. In the prevent succession of flattens of the selfselfcorresponding die, the enumerate of odd enumerates exceeded the enumerate of equable enumerates by 11. Particularize which succession is closer to the 50/50 relative of odd/equable awaited of a impartially flattened die.
A. The prevent succession is closer consequently the variety betwixt odd and equable enumerates is main than the variety for the principal succession.
B. The principal succession is closer consequently the variety betwixt odd and equable enumerates is near than the variety for the prevent succession.
C. Since 1/2 > 1/5 > 1/11, the principal succession is closer.
D. The succession closer to the hypothetical 50/50 cannot be established spontaneous the whole enumerate of flattens for twain succession is consecrated.
12. Jody checked the region 12 durations on Monday, and the conclusive digit of the region was odd six durations past than it was equable. On Tuesday, she checked it 18 durations and the conclusive digit was odd eight durations past than it was equable. Particularize which succession is closer to the 50/50 relative of odd/equable awaited of such a succession of region checks.
A. The Monday succession is closer consequently 1/6 is closer to 1/2 than is 1/8.
B. The Monday succession is closer consequently 6/12 is closer to 0.5 than is 8/18.
C. The Tuesday succession is closer consequently the 13/18 is closer to 0.5 than is 9/12.
D. The succession closest to the hypothetical 50/50 cannot be established succeeding a whileout shrewd the enumerate of odds and equables in each succession.
Monday: 9 odd, 3 equable P(odd) = 9/12 = 0.75
Tuesday: 13 odd, 5 equable P(odd) = 13/18 ≈ 0.722 < 0.75
13. Suppose you pay $1.00 to flatten a impartial die succeeding a while the sense that you earn get end $3.00 for flattening a 5 or a 2, trifle inadequately. What is your awaited appraise?
A. $1.00 B. $0.00 C. $3.00 D. −$1.00
E(x) = (1/3)($3) - $1 = $1 - $1 = $0
14. On a multiple rare proof, each inquiry has 6 likely responses. If you execute a wild suppose on the principal inquiry, what is the presumption that you are chasten?
A. 1/5 B. 1/6 C. 1/4 D. 2/5
P(correct) = Enumerate of chasten responses / Enumerate of likely rares
P(correct) = 1/6
15. A con-over of two types of exterminate killers was manufactured on two same exterminate batchs. One exterminate killer killed 15% past exterminates than the other. This variety was speaking at the 0.05 roll. What does this medium?
A. The progress was due to the event that there were past exterminates in one con-over.
B. The presumption that the variety was due to wild over is main than 0.05.
C. The presumption that one exterminate killer executed emend by wild over is near than 0.05.
D. There is not abundance notice to execute any omission.
16. The arrangement of B.A. proceedings won by a persomal academy is catalogueed beneath, by main.
Liberal Arts 1358
What is the presumption that a wildly separated proceeding is not in Business?
A. 0.7800 B. 0.8200 C. 0.8300 D. 0.9200
P(not in Business) = (Number not in Business) / Whole enumerate of proceedings
P(not in Business) = (9313 – 1676) / 9313
P(not in Business) = 0.8200
17. A 28-year-old man pays $125 for a one-year vivacity prophylactic cunning succeeding a while coverage of $140,000. If the presumption that he earn subsist through the year is 0.9994, to the frequented dollar, what is the man’s awaited appraise for the prophylactic cunning?
A. $139,916 B. −$41 C. $84 D. −$124
E(x) = (1 – 0.9994)($140,000) - $125 = -$41
18. A bag contains 4 red marbles, 3 cerulean-colored-colored-colored marbles, and 7 chill marbles. If a marble is wildly separated from the bag, what is the presumption that it is cerulean-colored-colored?
A. 2/11 B. 3/11 C. 5/14 D. 3/14
P(blue) = Enumerate of cerulean-colored-colored-colored marbles / Whole enumerate of marbles
P(blue) = 3 / (4 + 3 + 7) = 3/14
19. The basis set personates the pay rolls of the parts of a empire club. Revere the presumption that a wildly separated part earns at insignificantest $98,000.
112,000 126,000 90,000 133,000 94,000 112,000 98,000 82,000 147,000 182,000 86,000 105,000
140,000 94,000 126,000 119,000 98,000 154,000 78,000 119,000
A. 0.4 B. 0.6 C. 0.66 D. 0.7
P(allowance ≥ $98,000) = Enumerate of salaries ≥ 98,000 / Whole enumerate of salaries
P(allowance ≥ $98,000) = 14/20 = 0.7
20. A con-over of scholars induction Statistics 101 was manufactured. Indelicate hundred scholars who thought-out for past than 10 hours averaged a B. Two hundred scholars who thought-out for near than 10 hours averaged a C. This variety was speaking at the 0.01 roll. What does this medium?
A. The presumption that the variety was due to wild over is main than 0.01.
B. There is near than a 0.01 wild that the principal assembly’s proceedings were emend by wild over.
C. The progress was due to the event that past mass thought-out.
D. There is not abundance notice to execute any omission
21. Sample largeness = 400, specimen medium = 44, specimen flag derangement = 16. What is the room of hallucination?
A. 1.4 B. 1.6 C. 2.2 D. 2.6
Assuming a 95% trust roll, and noting that this dispose seems to use z = 2 for this trust roll instead of the past deferential 1.96 appraise.
E = z*s/√n = 2 * 16 / √400 = 1.6
22. Select the best fit frequentedion on the strew diagram beneath.
D. None of the frequentedions is the frequentedion of best
23. A researcher wishes to revere the medium sum of capital elapsed per month on patronage by households in a indubitable neighborhood. She desires a room of hallucination of $30. Past studies recommend that a population flag derangement of $248 is dispassionate. Revere the restriction specimen largeness needed to revere the population medium succeeding a while the customary faultlessness.
A. 274 B. 284 C. 264 D. 272
Again, turgid a 95% trust intermission, succeeding a while z = 2.00 instead of 1.96:
n = (z * s / E)2 = (2 * 248 / 30)2 = 273.35 à 274
24. Suggest the source of the apposition unordered the basis.
The graph exhibitions power of coffee (y) and enumerate of scoops used to execute 10 cups of coffee (x). Identify the reasonable source of the apposition.