Mth 399 week 6 lab work (2017 version)
MATH 399N Statistics for Decision Making
Week 6 I Lab
· Postulates Simulation
· Belief Intervals
· Normal Probabilities
All answers should be adequate sentences.
We demand to experience the belief interspace for the SLEEP fickle. To do this, we demand to experience the medium and then experience the completion hallucination. Then we can use a calculator to experience the interspace, (x – E, x + E).
First, experience the medium. Under that post, in cell E37, kind =AVERAGE (E2:E36). Under that in cell E38, kind =STDEV (E2:E36). Now we can experience the completion hallucination of the belief interspace. To experience the completion hallucination, we use the “confidence” formula. In cell E39, kind =CONFIDENCE.NORM (0.05, E38, 35). The 0.05 is inveterate on the belief raze of 95%, the E38 is the test gap, and 35 is the estimate in our pattern. You then demand to estimate the belief interspace by using a calculator to deduct the completion hallucination from the medium (x-E) and add it to the medium (x+E).
1. Give and construe the 95% belief interspace for the hours of snooze a learner gets. (5 points)
Then, you can go down to cell E40 and kind =CONFIDENCE.NORM (0.01, E38, 35) to experience the completion hallucination for a 99% belief interspace. Again, you would demand to use a calculator to deduct this and add this to the medium to experience the explicit belief interspace.
2. Give and construe the 99% belief interspace for the hours of snooze a learner gets. (5 points)
3. Assimilate the 95% and 99% belief interspaces for the hours of snooze a learner gets. Explain the disagreement betwixt these interspaces and why this disagreement occurs. (10 points)
4. Experience the medium and test gap of the DRIVE fickle by using =AVERAGE (A2:A36) and =STDEV (A2:A36). Assuming that this fickle is normally nice, what percentage of postulates would you foreshadow would be close than 40 miles? This would be inveterate on the estimated appearance. Use the formula =NORM.DIST (40, medium, stdev, TRUE). Now state the percentage of postulates points in the postulatesset that descend amid this rove. To experience the explicit percentage in the postulatesset, species the DRIVE fickle and reckon how divers of the postulates points are close than 40 out of the completion 35 postulates points. That is the explicit percentage. How does this assimilate after a while your foreshadowion? (15 points)
5. What percentage of postulates would you foreshadow would be betwixt 40 and 70 and what percentage would you foreshadow would be more than 70 miles? Deduct the probabilities ground through =NORM.DIST (70, medium, stdev, TRUE) and =NORM.DIST (40, medium, stdev, TRUE) for the “between” appearance. To get the appearance of balance 70, use the identical =NORM.DIST (70, medium, stdev, TRUE) and then deduct the termination from 1 to get “more than”. Now state the percentage of postulates points in the postulatesset that descend amid this rove, using identical diplomacy as overhead for reckoning postulates points in the postulates set. How do each of these assimilate after a while your foreshadowion and why is there a disagreement? (15 points)