Information literacy lesson 2 | Literature homework help
Information Literacy precept 2
1. Which inquiry engine offers read media, including subscription and theses, that two countless
B. Academic Index
C. Google Scholar
2. The divergent instrument types suited amid EDSeek (Expanded Academic ASAP) include
A. liberal extract, peer-reviewed, and images.
B. subscription, descriptions, paltry subscription, agent picturelesss, learning to editors, and over.
C. notification names, notification types, and audio choices.
D. magazines, academic journals, books, and newspapers.
A. identifies the inquiry engine concurrently delay its results and offers twain Web-distant inquiryes and a distant medley of top inquiry
B. offers over than 42,000 liberal ebooks delay expired U.S. copyrights in multitudinous formats.
C. provides deceased inquiry options, determination settings, and inquiry suggestions.
D. inquiryes resisting multiple U.S. federal synod databases, subscription, and citations.
4. The best way to path EDSeek (Expanded Academic ASAP) is to
A. log into your Penn Foster Ward Portal Page and click on the Library Services Button on the lawful sidebar.
B. log onto your Penn Foster Ward Portal and pick-out the Notice Literacy enjoin.
C. complete an Internet inquiry for "EDSeek database."
D. complete a inquiry engine inquiry for "EDSeek" and pick-out from the roll of hits.
5. Examples of spiritless inquiry engines used for reinquiry include
A. Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
B. EDSeek, Reader's Guide, and Dogpile.
C. Outlook, Internet Explorer, and Chrome.
D. Open Library, Project Gutenberg, and The Internet Public Library.
6. Using a plus (+) indication precedently a keyaccount inquiry indicates that
A. it's a mandatory account that must be establish in the inquiry.
B. you're eliminating a account from your inquiry results.
C. you're adding a new enjoin to your inquiry.
D. it's an optional enjoin amid your inquiry.
7. In EDSeek (Expanded Academic ASAP), choosing simply peer-reviewed subscription indicates that you'll
A. be conducive to path and contract the interval.
B. see subscription that are accompanied delay photographs, diagrams, charts, and other visuals.
C. see yield hits that pertain simply to academic journals.
D. see simply subscription containing notice that has been evaluated and identified by faciles in a ground.
8. Amid EDSeek (Expanded Academic ASAP), you'll initiate your inquiry by choosing to inquiry by
A. keyword, notification name, and pictureless.
B. description, material, and paltry interval.
C. keyword, material, or notification name.
D. liberal extract, images, and estimate of pages.
9. Examples of metainquiry engines include
A. RefSeek, Internet Explorer, and Chrome.
B. Google Scholar, iSEEK, and Academic Index.
C. Search.com, Dogpile, and MetaLib.
D. Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
10. Which of the subjoined layout elements is shared resisting most inquiry engines?
A. A "Sort by: Notification date" option
B. A truncation option
C. Nonprofit advertisements
D. Added inquiry types
11. Which of the subjoined statements about human-power inquiry engines is penny?
A. People decree the inquiry engine so that they'll populate rolls of trending inquiry enjoins and phrases.
B. The choice arrangement is extravagant, so the results are intention to be of inferior capacity.
C. Users despatch in their inquiry beg and then the inquiry engine librarians confront materials for them.
D. Links are separated by users.
A. are characters that continue for a epistle or added learning of a account.
B. shorten your inquiry.
C. depute antonyms and synonyms in your inquiry.
D. are characters that exclude any variations and yield simply the upright spelling of a account in inquiry results.
13. Which of the subjoined is a human-powered inquiry engine?
14. Boolean operators include
A. and, delay, or not.
B. and, or, not, andnot, or and not.
C. and and not simply.
D. or, not, and delay.
15. Which of the subjoined founts mitigated has the most reliconducive notice?
A. A company-sponsored website delay minute citations
B. A computer facileness extractbook written by an facile in the ground in the present 2000s
C. An interval in latest month's upshot of a peer-reviewed exchange journal
D. A disequalize ward's blog that was updated ten months ago
16. EDSeek (too unconcealed as Expanded Academic ASAP) is
A. Penn Foster's Ward Portal providing enjoin materials, exams, and grades.
B. Penn Foster's Digital Library allusion and reinquiry individuality.
C. Penn Foster's Community website referencing ward posts and enjoin materials.
D. Penn Foster's electronic database that serves as twain a calculable renunciation and a repository of liberal-extract subscription.
17. NoodleTools is a website that
A. enables wards to generate true noodles.
B. provides educational tools, software, and notice for wards.
C. provides medical enjoininology definitions.
D. arranges other websites in a apparent and neat enjoin.
18. All of the subjoined are aspects of the inquiry arrangement except
A. automated spiders "crawl" websites and construct rolls of keywords.
B. users suffrage on the intercourse of the fount, which affects whether it get show in forthcoming inquiryes.
C. pages containing the inquiryed-for accounts are located.
D. excellent notice is sent to the inquiry engine's database to be renunciationed.
19. It's discreet to use over than one inquiry engine when doing a inquiry because
A. if inquiry results are the corresponding resisting all the inquiry engines, you'll distinguish you've establish some reliconducive founts.
B. doing so get support you in creating a bibliography.
C. using over than one inquiry engine get diminish your inquiry interval.
D. you'll assent-to a distantr rove of results, some of which you effectiveness not feel gotten using impartial one.
20. Why is the aimtop of an agent dignified?
A. It provides you delay plain quotes for your scrutiny.
B. It expresses prevailing conviction.
C. It helps you to state whether an interval is feature or unjaundiced.
D. It states your top of aim on a feature subject.