Doctoral candidates should provide an authentic personal statement to each of the five following questions/prompts reflecting on their interests. In the event that any outside resources are used, resources should be cited in APA format. Submissions should be a maximum of 500 words or 125 words per question/prompt. It is best to respond to each prompt/question individually for clarity of the reviewer. Writing samples should be submitted in Microsoft Word format and include the candidate’s name.
1. Provide a brief introduction focusing on your education, career, and decision to apply to University of the Cumberlands.
2. In relation to your doctoral program application, what area of recent research in the field would you want to study, and why?
3. How does your current vocation relate to your application to the doctoral program?
4. How will your experiences and personal skills help you to be successful in your program?
5. What long-term goals do you have for applying your learning from your doctoral program?