Instructional Objectives for this activity:Assess desired path and culture expectations.
Please complete the following for this week’s Individual Work.
Research the law enforcement and respond to the following:
- What is the gender make up of American law enforcement?
- Is it a male-dominated field?
- Research women in law enforcement and how they are perceived, received, and treated.
- How are rookies perceived, received, and treated by older fellow officers?
- How the arrogant, college graduate, rookie law enforcement officer might be perceived, received, and treated by the older officers in his or her agency (especially by those older officers who might not hold college degrees)?
- How does humility play a role into being accepted into the closed culture of law enforcement, or are rookies immediately accepted?
- The deliverable length of your homework assignment is 400 words, one to two double spaced pages (does not include title page or reference page).
- Remember to create in-text citations for every source you use to create a sentence for your paper.
- Every in-text citation must have a corresponding reference on the reference page of your paper.
- All homework assignments must be in APA format. They must have a title page, body, and reference page.
Every in-text citation must have a corresponding reference on the reference page of your paper.
Papers must be double spaced, using 10-12 point font, with one inch margins all the way around.
Tip: Website addresses are NOT references; they are links to websites only.
A reference contains four basic parts: An Author, year, title, and publisher. A website address does not contain those parts and is, therefore, not a reference.
Please do not include only a website address as a “source” in your references list.
For citation guidelines, please refer to the table in the APA Style section of the syllabus.