For this assignment, refer to your work on the Unit 3 assignment. You may also wish to refer back to the Vila Health: Analysis of an EHR System simulation.
Now that you have made recommendations on an EHR system and meaningful use compliance, the leadership has decided to hire a health information manager to oversee the EHR and other relevant HIM systems. This person will be responsible for ensuring long-term meaningful use compliance and working with the staff, stakeholders, and vendors to ensure continued success and seamless use of the EHR system.
Since you spent so much time analyzing the organization’s systems, this new hire will report directly to you and you will take the lead in the hiring process.
This assignment has two deliverables:
- A 2–3-page executive summary that summarizes the need for the position. This will be presented to the leadership prior to posting the job description and advertising it to potential candidates.
- A 1–2-page job description detailing the position of the HIM professional you want to hire.
The purpose of the executive summary is to present a clear case for the need of the HIM professional position to be hired. You should support this need with evidence from your analysis that you completed in the Unit 3 assignment. In your executive summary:
- Explain an organization’s need for a HIM professional to ensure long-term meaningful use and current incentive program compliance.
- Analyze the potential financial impacts of hiring a new HIM professional.
In other words, what will it cost to hire and employ the new HIM professional versus the potential costs incurred by failing meaningful use compliance or failing to achieve incentives from current programs?
- Support hiring need and recommendations with specific evidence to encourage buy-in from the leadership.
The job description will allow you to lay out the desired skills and responsibilities for the HIM professional. It should include a minimum and a preferred education, experience, and training requirement. In your job description:
- Describe specific job functions of a new health information management professional.
- Explain the skills and training needed by a new health information management professional to be successful in a position.
In addition to the points mentioned so far, your assignment will also be assessed using the following criteria:
- Communicate the need for a HIM professional and their job requirements in a manner that is clear and concise.
- Integrate relevant sources to support assertions, correctly formatting citations and references using current APA style.
Your assignment should also meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Professional format: The executive summary format is consistent with expectations for professionals in health care administration.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting standards.
- Number of resources: 3–5 peer-reviewed resources from scholarly journal articles.
Executive summary: 2–3 double-spaced pages, following APA alignment. Page count excludes the title page and reference page. You do not need to write an abstract for this assignment.
Job description: 1–2 pages. Job description format should follow a typical job description based on your research.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.