You have been appointed as lead project manager for the implementation of a new EHR system in a large multi- campus hospital system. The CEO and Board of Directors have asked you to provide information regarding the methods by which you will ensure successful adoption of the new information system. You will make judgments in support of established criteria and/or standards to help ensure a smooth transition to the new system. Please follow the instructions below in completion of this assessment.
Appraise and assess the relationship between health care regulation compliance and quality management. Evaluate and advocate the use of quality management tools that could be used as process control techniques to support compliance efforts. Select two (2) quality management tools (e.g., control charts, Pareto charts, fishbone diagrams). Provide a visual example for each tool selected, and, in an executive summary for the CEO and Board of Directors, describe how each tool can be used to inform internal policies, processes, and organizational structure decision making.
Develop and recommend a plan to measure and manage performance during the transition to the new EHR. Compare at least two (2) benchmarking techniques (e.g., productivity standards, report cards, dashboards, etc.) and provide a visual example for each technique used. Differentiate between internal and external benchmarking. Discuss how benchmarking techniques are used to comply with health care regulations and improve organizational performance.
Appraise, assess, and advocate for workflow concepts that would assist in managing the transition to the new EHR system. Examine at least two (2) workflow concepts (e.g., use cases, top down diagrams, swimlane diagrams, etc.). Provide a visual example of each and discuss its use in supporting internal policies, processes, and organizational structure decision making.
Determines and recommend project management techniques that you would use for the EHR transition to ensure efficient workflow and appropriate outcomes. Select at least two (2) techniques (e.g., Gantt charts, benchmarking, risk analysis) for interpretation. Provide an example of each and discuss how the two project management techniques can be used to achieve outcomes that ensure regulatory compliance.
Minimum Submission Requirements
- This Assessment should be a Microsoft Word (minimum 1000 words) document, in addition to the title and reference pages.
- Respond to the questions in a thorough manner, providing specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions. Your submission should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
- Your submission must be written in Standard English and demonstrate exceptional content, organization, style, and grammar and mechanics.
- Your submission should provide a clearly established and sustained viewpoint and purpose.
- Your writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- A separate page at the end of your submission should contain a list of references, in APA format. Use your textbook, the Library, and the internet for research.
- Be sure to cite both in-text and reference list citations where appropriate and reference all sources. Your sources and content should follow proper APA citation style. Review the writing resources for APA formatting and citation found in Academic Tools. Additional writing resources can be found within the Academic Success Center.
- Your submission should:
include a cover sheet;
be typed in Times New Roman, 12 -point font;
include correct citations
be written in Standard English with no spelling or punctuation errors; and
include correct references at the bottom of the last page.
Quoting should be less than 10% of the entire paper. Paraphrasing is necessary.
Students must cite and reference at least four credible sources.