HS450M3-3: Describe the leadership factors that affect organizational strategy among clinical engagement and the health care system.
Refer to the course digital textbook for this assessment.
“Many health care leaders believe that physician-hospital alignment is one of the greatest challenges facing the U.S. healthcare system. Hospitals and physicians are faced with the task of finding innovative ways to collaborate while taking advantage of their joint economic interests. Accountable care organizations (ACO), medical foundations, hospital-owned group practices, and joint venture initiatives are all potential solutions” (Harrison, 2016, p. 183). Refer to Chapter 9, “Accountable Care Organizations and Physicians Joint Ventures” in your digital textbook and answer the following questions:
1) Define the concept of an “integrated physician model.”
2) Explain the importance of clinical integration in the strategic planning process.
3) Demonstrate an understanding of the dynamics of and controversies surrounding accountable care organizations and alternative approaches to the current health system.
4) Choose one of the models for hospital-physicians integration and discuss the advantages and disadvantages for hospitals and physicians under this model. (Medical foundations, hospital-owned group practices, hospitalists, joint venture initiatives, equity-based joint ventures, etc.)
Minimum Submission Requirements
- This Assessment should be a Microsoft Word (minimum 1000 words) document, in addition to the title and reference pages.
- Respond to the questions in a thorough manner, providing specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions. Your submission should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
- Your submission must be written in Standard English and demonstrate exceptional content, organization, style, and grammar and mechanics.
- Your submission should provide a clearly established and sustained viewpoint and purpose.
- Your writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- A separate page at the end of your submission should contain a list of references, in APA format. Use your textbook, the Library, and the internet for research.
- Be sure to cite both in-text and reference list citations where appropriate and reference all sources. Your sources and content should follow proper APA citation style. Review the writing resources for APA formatting and citation found in Academic Tools. Additional writing resources can be found within the Academic Success Center.
- Your submission should:
include a cover sheet;
be typed in Times New Roman, 12 -point font;
include correct citations
be written in Standard English with no spelling or punctuation errors; and
include correct references at the bottom of the last page.
Quoting should be less than 10% of the entire paper. Paraphrasing is necessary.
Students must cite and reference at least four credible sources.