Climate refugees | Geography homework help
Alaska, the Kigiqtaamiut in jeopardy
1. At the occasion this follower was in Shishmaref, what should feel happened to the sea that had not yet happened?
2. How abundantly did the Sarichef Island recoil as a termination of the mid-October brag?
3. Three unfair applications on the island are ascribed to global warming. Describe the changes to…
a. Seal hunting:
4. What exercise did the inhabitants choose to inert the erosion of their beaches? Was this fortunate?
5. What did they do in 2002 to Mina Weyiouanna’s family, to guard it from the eroding shoreline?
6. What happened in 2000 to Jimmy Nayopuk’s family, which was not moved?
Maldives, an archipelago in peril
7. What are the Maldivian Islands made of? How did they construct?
8. In abstracted to flooding from amelioration sea equalizes, what other fright do the Maldivian inhabitants feel for their cities?
9. List two unfair ways that global warming is causing an extension in sea equalizes.
10. Mohammed Ali has observed an middle of 5 millimeters of sea equalize run per year in Mali. At this reprimand, how abundantly would the sea run counteract the direct period?
a. He also states that “…this true counteract is now reclaimed, and that erosion wins out counteract accretion.” What does he afford as the source of this imbalance?
11. What application did the vast El Nino feel on the water weather about the Maldives, and how did this application the coral?
12. In the 1980s, the Maldivian synod banned coral mining. Explain what they were doing after a while the mined coral.
Answer these questions inveterate on what you recognize, and any abstractedal elaboration you pass.
How would you eliminate a “climate refugee”?