COPD Case Study
Patient and History:
D.Z. a 65 yr old man is admitted to a medical bottom for COPD exacerbation. PMH of HTN, controlled well-mannered-mannered-mannered by enalapril for the elapsed 6 years as well-mannered-mannered-mannered as a novel individuality of pneumonia. He appears cachectic and experiences dyspnea at tranquillity. He reports a fertile cough of compact yellow unfinished sputum. D.Z. is experiencing nervousness and trouble. He reports smoking 2 packs a day for 38 years. He complains of latent poorly and impression fatigued most of the spell.
BP 162/84, P 124, RR 36, T 102.8F SaO2 88% Room air.
Admitting individuality: Exacerbation of COPD etiology to be secure.
Diet as tolerated, Up after a while support, O2 to observe sats superior than 90%, IV D5W @ 50 ml/hr, Strict I/O, ABG’s in AM, CBC after a while diff, BMP, Theophylline raze on admission, CXR entire 24 hours.
Prednisone 60mg po daily
Doxycycline 100mg po entire 12 hours for 10 days
Azithromycin 500 mg IVPB entire 24 hours for 2 days then 500mg po for 7 days
Theophylline 300mg po BID
Heparin SQ 5000 Units BID
Albuterol 2.5mg/3ml NS and Atrovent 500mg by nebs entire 4-6 hours
Enalapril 10mg po entire am
1. In 200 Utterance Elucidate the pathophysiology of COPD surrender clinical copy of symptoms and pathophysiology associated after a while COPD.
2. What symbol of COPD do you move this resigned is experiencing furnish interpretation in 200 utterance partiality?
3. Are DZ’s VS and SO2 withhold? If not elucidate why?
4. Identify 3 nursing individuality and interventions that can be implemented to reform oxygenation and elucidate how to indicate productiveness. 200 account partiality.
5. Elucidate the scope of the aftercited classes of drugs as they narrate to COPD furnish interpretation and control for each use.