Resilience and Multiple Systems
In Chapter 1 of your text, you learned what constitutes a family problem and various theories that address family stress and resilience. Chapter 2 of your text discussed policy and practice responses to family problems. Please use your readings and research peer-reviewed journal articles in the Library to support your post.
Please respond to the following:
- Identify one family problem and discuss the barriers to resiliency that a family may face in overcoming this problem.Briefly discuss the type of organizations or social services delivery systems that could be helpful to a family dealing with this problem.
- Identify the protective factors that can contribute to family resilience.Discuss how protective factors can benefit families in high-risk living environments.
- Using Bronfenbrenner’s ecological theory, identify how the ecology of a family can impact resilience.
Discuss the role, if any, that stigma towards human services or mental health services plays in family resilience.
Please read the following chapters in your text:
Family Problems: Stress, Risk, and Resilience
– 15by: Arditti, Joyce A.ISBN-13: 978-1-118-35276
- Chapter 1: “Social Inequality and Marginalization”
- Chapter 2: “We’re Here, We’re Queer, and We Count: Perspectives on Queer Families”
- Chapter 3: “The Stigma of Families with Mental Illness”