Assignment 3: Kiosk Requirements
Due Week 7 and worth 175 points
The library board wants to investigate self-service kiosks in more detail. They want to be sure that the kiosks will enforce these two rules: (i) a patron may not have more than 10 items checked out at any time, and (ii) patrons may not check out any materials if they owe $5 or more in fines.
- Write a short (not more than 750 words) narrative that describes the kiosk check-out process.
- Illustrate the check-out process using your choice of workflow diagram, activity diagram, or flow chart. Explain why you selected that type of diagram.
- The library’s IT department could create its own software for the kiosk or purchase an off-the-shelf system. Prepare a detailed list of the benefits and drawbacks of each option. Recommend one option and explain your reasoning.
- Identify an ethical, legal, or cultural issue that may arise in connection with these kiosks. Suggest how it could be addressed.
Important Note: The required
must be used for this assignment and is not optional. It has been designed so that papers are logically organized and includes prompts for all required information for the assignment. Assignments submitted not using this template will be returned ungraded and must be resubmitted using the template. Late penalties on improperly submitted papers will apply in accordance with the published late policy.
Your document must follow these formatting requirements:
- Follow the Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different from other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Properly cite all sources.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
- All charts and diagrams must be the student’s original work. They must be pasted into the document as neat, legible images.
- The cover page and the reference page do not count towards the assignment’s length.
The specific Course Learning Outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Recommend requirements for a system that enable a productive change in a way the business is conducted.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills.