Draw a simple food web for a natural area near you. The natural area can also include your backyard, open areas of condo and/or apartments, work, school, etc. Include producers and at least three levels of consumers, as well as, detritivores, and decomposers. Include the HAND-DRAWN food web in your post. DO NOT INCLUDE A FOOD WEB OF THE EVERGLADES. The goal of the assignment is to construct a food web using observations, not copying from known examples.
- Briefly describe your area (no address or specific location needed) and discuss your food web with the class. (use FLORIDA)
- Identify any non-native species in your food web.
- Wild Florida Ecotravel Guide (Links to an external site.)
- Florida FWC wildlife and habitats
Minimum Word Counts:
- 300-400 words explaining the food web and area chosen