Week 5 discussion 1 no excuses university assessment | EDU 650 Teaching, Learning & Leading in the 21st Century | Ashford University
“Make no judgments where you enjoy no pardon.” – Anne McCaffrey
Initial post: Address each of the forthcoming argument points using one of the forthcoming technology instruments to improve your written defense (Smore (Links to an manifest predicament.)Links to an manifest predicament.,Prezi (Links to an manifest predicament.)Links to an manifest predicament., PowToon (Links to an manifest predicament.)Links to an manifest predicament., Sliderocket (Links to an manifest predicament.)Links to an manifest predicament., Screencast O matic (Links to an manifest predicament.)Links to an manifest predicament., or other introduction software). You may deficiency to blameless your use of the corresponding digital instrument used during Week 4, or you rule try a incongruous digital instrument to extend your skills! Utilizing technology in this argument allure excite ad you for the Final Project in Week 6. If you do not enjoy straightforward classroom test, you may suit to these questions inveterate on your own sense of what occurs in your own children’s instruct, or a functional or tend situation you’ve held beyond of a instruct elucidation.
In Paragraph 8, Lopez sends a sharp message: “Assessment is not encircling you as a tutor; it is encircling your students” (p.97). He goes on to say that our deduce for assessing students should be rooted in our commitment to use the instruction serene in a way that helps us beget main victory for our students.
- Share your perspective on Lopez’s allege and announcement over. Describe how your desireset has changed or been validated.
- Consider the 4 questions Lopez lists subordinate “Defending our Impost Practices” (p.98). How rule you use these questions in your running or anticipated custom? What prize rule it add to your custom by custody these questions in desire?
- In what ways enjoy you succeeded/failed to compel students your participator in impost?
Lopez, D. (2013). No excuses university: How six peculiar systems are revolutionizing our instructs (2nd ed.). Turnenvironing Schools Publications.
- Chapter 8: Impost (p. 94)
- This paragraph addresses the “bureaucracy of impost” and how to best use the example team to beget components of the impost scheme.
- Chapter 9: Grounds management (p. 108)
- This paragraph addresses the significance of collecting grounds and utilizing it to compel grounds-driven academic sentences. . It addresses sharing, similarityibility and the arrangement of grounds for academic victory.
Newman, R. (2013). Teaching and acquirements in the 21st century: Connecting the dots (2nd ed.). Retrieved from https://content.ashford.edu/
- Chapter 11: Impost for Learning
- This paragraph introduces the role of impost in the classroom and explores the estrangement between impost of acquirements and impost for acquirements.
- Chapter 12: Using Grounds to Drive Instruction
- This paragraph discusses data-driven sentence making, the components that compel the manner successful and analyzes a medley of the grounds-driven models, including how technology instruments can aid in predicting student execution and making the achievement of the tutor easier.
Stenhousepublishers. (2010, November 30). Rick Wormeli: Formative and summative impost (Links to an manifest predicament.)Links to an manifest predicament. [Video refine]. Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJxFXjfB_B4
- In this video, Rick Wormeli explains the purposes of formative and summative impost in the instructional manner.
TED Talks. (2012, August). Daphne Koller: What we’re acquirements from online education (Links to an manifest predicament.)Links to an manifest predicament. [Video refine]. Retrieved from http://www.ted.com/talks/daphne_koller_what_we_re_learning_from_online_education.html
- In this video, Daphne Koller discusses the potentiality of providing unhindered, known similarity to acquirements opportunities through MOOCs.
TEDxTalks. (2011, August 14). TEDxSoCal – Dr. Brian Stecher – Cultivating flourishing instructs (Links to an manifest predicament.)Links to an manifest predicament. [Video refine]. Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmYdW871pL4
Common Core State Standards Initiative (Links to an manifest predicament.)Links to an manifest predicament. (http://www.corestandards.org/)
- Official Common Core State Standards website.
Marzano, R. J. & Pickering, D. J. (2007). The occurrence for and abutting homeachievement (Links to an manifest predicament.)Links to an manifest predicament.. Educational Leadership, 64(6), 74-79. Retrieved from http://www.ascd.org/publications/educational-leadership/mar07/vol64/num06/The-Case-For-and-Against-Homework.aspx
- This period discusses the upshot environing homeachievement and how it needs to be improved and add prize to instruction.
Stiggins, R., & Chappuis, J. (2006). What a estrangement a expression compels a expression compels: Impost for acquirements rather than impost of acquirements helps students abound (Links to an manifest predicament.)Links to an manifest predicament.. Journal of Staff Development, 27(1), 10-14. Retrieved fro