Hlth | Education homework help
Questions for Medical Alimentation Therapy: A Occurrence Study Approach 5th ed.
Case Study C – Constant Race Sickness (CKD) Treated after a while Dialysis
(Case 19 in extract)
Instructions: Answer the inquirys beneath. You may stereotype your answers or e-mail them to your educationist.
1. Describe the basic physiological functions of the races.
2. Schedule the sicknesss/conditions that most uniformly transfer to constant race sickness (CKD)? Explain the role of diabetes in the bud of CKD.
3. Outline the positions of CKD, including the distinguishing signs and symptoms.
4. From your balbutiation of Mrs. Joaquin’s fact and visible, what signs and symptoms did she bear that correlate after a while her constant race sickness?
5. What are the composition options for Position 5 CKD? Explain the differences betwixt hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis.
6. Explain the reasons for the aftercited components of Mrs. Joaquin’s medical alimentation therapy:
1.2 g protein/kg
2 g K
1 g phosphorus
2 g Na
1000 mL limpid + urine output
7. Apportion and expone Mrs. Joaquin’s BMI. How does edema favor your exponeation?
8. What is edema-free gravity? Apportion Mrs. Joaquin’s edema-free gravity.
9. What are the soul requirements for CKD?
10. Which of Mrs. Joaquin’s symptoms would you anticipate to inaugurate to mend when she starts dialysis?
11. Apportion what Mrs. Joaquin’s soul needs conciliate be uniformly she inaugurates hemodialysis.
12. What are the differences in protein requirements unformed positions 1 and 2 CKD, position 3 and 4 CKD, hemodialysis, and peritoneal dialysis resigneds? What is the rationale for these differences?
13. Mrs. Joaquin has a PO4 exclusion. Why? What foods bear the nobleest levels of phosphorus?
14. Mrs. Joaquin tells you that one of her friends can drain barely infallible amounts of liquids and wants to comprehend if that is the occurrence for her. What foods are considered to be limpids? What limpid exclusion is generally recommended for someone on hemodialysis? Is there a gauge guideline for consummation limpid constitute betwixt dialysis visits? If a resigned must prosper a limpid exclusion, what can be produced to aid subdue his or her parching?
15. Why is it recommended for resigneds to bear at smallest 50% of their protein from sources that bear noble biological compute?
16. A. Based on Mrs. Joaquin's soul needs, apportion her carbohydrate, protein, and fat needs, Using the Renal Extransmute schedule, contemplation a 1-day cheer that meets her soul needs and complies after a while her cheer signal (see inquiry 6)
B. Using Mrs. Joaquin’s customary intake and the prescribed cheer, transcribe a specimen menu. Justify your transmutes; why did you find the transmute to give-in after a while her alimentation recipe.
Breakfast: Cold cereal (¾ c unsweetened)
Bread (2 slices) or fried potatoes (1 med potato)
1 fried egg (occasionally)
Lunch: Bologna sandwich (2 slices snowy bread, 2 slices bologna, mustard)
Potato chips (1 oz)
1 can Coke
Dinner: Chopped pulp (3 oz beef)
Fried potatoes (1 ½ medium)
HS Snack: Crackers (6 saltines) and peanut butter (2 tbsp)
17. What instrument and counseling techniques would you use to admonish Mrs. Joaquin environing her cheer?
18. Schedule the alimentation-related bloom problems that bear been signed in the Pima Indians through epidemiological axioms. Are the Pima at nobleer lavish for complications of diabetes? Explain. What is meant by the "thrifty gene" speculation?
19. It is unavoidable that there conciliate be men-folks who experience from a sickness that cannot be cured. How can you use God’s order in your performance after a while these fellow-creatures? See 1 Thessalonians 3:1-3