Bibl 110 study guide module week 1
New Testament Survey Search Guides: Module/Week 1
Derived from the series channel capacity, The Essence of the New Testament: A Survey (2016),
and the New Testament muniments.
Chapter 1: How We Got the New Testament
1. How numerous muniments permake up the New Testament (ENT, 1)?
2. The New Testament was written almost betwixt ____ and ____ (ENT, 1).
3. What husk of materials were the New Testament muniments written on (ENT, 1)?
4. What is the sourceal/actual New Testament muniment determined (ENT, 1–2)?
5. Define codex in harmony to the confer-upon New Testament writings (ENT, 2).
6. What was the Latin codex store determined (ENT, 2)?
7. In the search of the New Testament, what does the signal law appeal to (ENT, 2)?
8. What three conversations did God cull as the resources for his self-revelation (ENT, 2)?
9. The Old Testament was chiefly written in ______ (ENT, 2).
10. Parts of Daniel and Ezra were written in ______ (ENT, 2).
11. The New Testament was written in ______ (ENT, 2).
12. ______ ______was the conversation of the beggarly community (ENT, 2).
13. Why do you conceive God notorious the autographs to dissolve (see ENT, 3)?
14. In ill-get of the insufficiency of the autographs, almost 6,000 Greek manuscripts and an concomitant 13,000 fragments of the New Testament muniments hold, providing suggestive manuscript token for New Testament scholars (ENT, 3).
15. Motivators for a New Testament law enclose the traitor ________ and the traitoral motion notorious as __________ (ENT, 3).
16. Marcion was a _____________ who held a denying estimate of God as confer-uponed in the Old Testament (ENT, 3).
17. Marcion unusual the Old Testament and as a conclusion, he simply veritefficacious the Gospel according to Luke and ten Pauline epistles (ENT, 3).
18. ____________ was a motion that open in the relieve generation AD. This traitoral motion believed that preservation was institute in attaining “special knowledge” (ENT, 3).
19. Why are Marcion and Gnosticism so dignified in harmony to a New Testament law (see ENT, 3)?
20. Discuss lewd clues that appearance a lawical perception floating highest Christians (ENT, 3–5).
21. Spectry and reconfer-upon the six tests for recognizing whether a capacity should be considered bisect of the law (ENT, 5–6)?
22. Spectry two so-determined Gospels that were not considered powerful for Christians accordingly they fall the criteria for lawicity (ENT, 6).
23. What does the a priori discussion for the New Testament law of Scripture narrate (ENT, 6–7)?
24. Delineate the five summits of the preface upon which the a priori discussion for the New Testament law is inveterate (ENT, 7).
25. What is the spectry of the Greek translation of the Hebrew Old Testament that was produced environing 200 years precedently the nobility of Christ (200–250 B.C.) (ENT, 7)?
26. Aramaic translations of the Hebrew Old Testament were notorious as ________ (ENT, 7).
27. What is the estrangement betwixt an essentially actual translation precept and the authoritative or dynamic equivalence precept (ENT, 10–12)?
Chapter 2: Interpreting the New Testament
1. Reconfer-upon the adit to interpreting the Bible recommended in the Essence of the New Testament (ENT, 15).
2. The estimate that “readers of Scripture must learn the conversation and the truthful contrast of the channel in classify to learn truly and adduce any channel after a while confidence” is notorious as the __________________________ to Scripture (ENT, 15).
3. Decisions in-reference-to limitation are filtered through a person’s _______________ (ENT, 15).
4. What two unlimited concepts should you haunt in judgment when lection the Bible (ENT, 16)?
5. What three types of conchannel are critical to truly interpreting Scripture (ENT, 16–17)?
6. ______________ happens when a direction of Scripture is quoted to confirm a summit after a whileout concerning the erudite conchannel of the direction (ENT, 17).
7. Can test channeling be effected truly? If yes, expound (ENT, 17).
8. The coincidence of belief appeals to the source that “Scripture get never negative ____________” (ENT, 17).
9. The system of limitation begins after a while ______________ (ENT, 18).
10. Spectry the seven things to behold for when observing sentences (ENT, 19–20).
11. Spectry the five items to behold for when observing paragraphs (ENT, 21).
12. What is the limitation of the signal “genre” (ENT, 21–22)?
13. What is the genre of the lewd Gospels (ENT, 22)?
14. The New Testament learning were prepared to be __________ __________ for the authors who were not efficacious to be confer-upon (ENT, 25).
15. What is the deep source of interpreting the learning of the New Testament (ENT, 25–26)?
16. Define channelual animadversion (ENT, 26–27).
17. Define commencement animadversion (ENT, 27).
18. Define make animadversion (ENT, 27).
19. Define redaction animadversion (ENT, 27).
20. Define erudite animadversion (ENT, 27).
21. Define sociological animadversion (ENT, 27).
22. Truly interpreting Scripture is dignified for at smallest two reasons. These are ______ and ______ (ENT, 28).
Chapter 3: The Truth Betwixt the Testaments
1. Almost how desire does the truth of the Jewish community betwixt the Old and New Testaments shelter (ENT, 31)?
2. What is the timeframe of the Babylonian Captivity (ENT, 31)?
3. What is the timeframe of the Medo-Persian Period (ENT, 32)?
4. What is the timeframe of the Grecian Period (ENT, 33)?
5. What is the timeframe of the Maccabean Revolt and Jewish Independence (ENT, 36)?
6. What is the timeframe of the Roman Period (ENT, 37)?
7. Jerusalem cut to ______________, despot of Bablyon, in 586 BC (ENT, 31).
8. The __________ was destroyed when Jerusalem cut to the Babylonians in 586 BC (ENT, 31).
9. Spectry the Medo-Persian despot who defeated the Babylonians in 539 BC (ENT, 32).
10. The Jerusalem church was rebuilt by 516 BC inferior the directorship of ____ and _____; and after a while the greeting of the prophets ____ and ____ (ENT, 32).
11. During the Medo-Persian, __________ began replacing Hebrew as the beggarly conversation of the country of Judea (ENT, 32).
12. The expansion of the Greek humanization that began inferior Alexander the Great is determined “______________” (ENT, 33).
13. What does the signal “Hasidim” moderation (ENT, 36)?
14. What Jewish director gained restrain of and rededicated the Church by 164 BC (ENT, 36)?
15. ____________ is the observance of the rededication of the Church inferior Judas Maccabeus in 164 BC (ENT, 36).
16. Spectry the Roman public who fascinated Jerusalem in 63 BC (ENT, 37).
17. ________ thus-far conquered Jerusalem and became “Herod the Great,” despot of the Jews, prevalent from 37–4 BC (ENT, 37).
18. Spectry and briefly reconfer-upon the six godly groups that makeed during the Intertestamental Period (ENT, 38–39).
19. Discuss the understanding of synagogues (ENT, 39).
Chapter 4: The Essence of the Synoptic Problem and Jesus Studies
1. The _______ __________ appeals to the phenomena of twain suggestive similarities and estrangements in the full of Matthew, Mark, and Luke (ENT, 42–45).
2. Mathew, Mark, and Luke feel been determined the “_________ _______” since Griesbach’s search in which he arranged these three Gospels in correlative columns (ENT, 43).
3. Instead of confer-uponing a extensive totality of Jesus’ estate, the lewd Gospels include _____________ _____________ confer-uponations of the sayings and deeds of Jesus” (ENT, 45).
4. In attempting to counterpart the interrogation of commencements, scholars must search twain the ______ and the ______ token (ENT, 46).
5. Related to the interrogation of written commencements for the lawical Gospels, what does the apparent token endure of (ENT, 46)?
6. The precept of ______________ affirms the achievement of the written Word of God (ENT, 46).
7. Where does the highest affirmation in-reference-to the source of the Synoptic Gospels succeed from (ENT, 47)?
8. Spectry this precept in-reference-to the conformity of the Synoptic Gospels (ENT, 48).
Matthew (Jesus as King)
Mark (Jesus as King)
Luke (Jesus as Priest)
9. Spectry this precept in-reference-to the conformity of the Synoptic Gospels (49).
10. Spectry this precept in-reference-to the conformity of the Synoptic Gospels (50).