Visit the Educause Website to read the article titled “The Bologna Process and the Transformation of European Higher Education”, located at http://net.educause.edu/ir/library/pdf/ECS0905 . This case study describes the process by which the structure and focus of the European university systems has been scrutinized in recent years. The goals are to increase the harmonization of degree structures, academic outcomes, and quality assurance. The most important outcome is to examine and optimize the mobility for students and academic staff.
Write a 4-6 page paper in which you:
- Briefly summarize the journey that the Bologna Process has taken.
- Determine how the Bologna Process is positioned to serve the academic needs of pan-European countries.
- Analyze how the Bologna Process will support the academic initiatives in the U.S.
- Augment the Bologna Process with three (3) additional ideas you may have to improve the flexibility of universities in Europe.
Your assignment must
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the historical roots, context, and scope of global education.
- Evaluate the depth and breadth of research about global education.
- Develop the ability to critically review the existing practices in higher education on the global front.
- Analyze how changes in society have impacted both the history and policy of higher education institutions.
- Formulate conceptual frameworks about global education policy and practice.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in leadership in global education.
- Write clearly and concisely about leadership in global education using proper writing mechanics.