- Students will create a booklet that compiles information for twelve different agencies. The twelve agencies must represent the following categories of general services. No category can be eliminated.
Adult Assistance — include one agency that specializes in helping the homeless
Child Development — include one agency that specializes in helping those in poverty
Family Support Services — include one resource on family violence
Health — include one agency that specializes in helping those with addiction
Legal — include the Guardian Ad Litem program
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay onDue Sunday
- Each category should include:
A maximum of two agency resources for each category.
No more than one state agency may be included in each category.
Do not use the same agency more than once.
Agencies should be alphabetized by category.
Students should work on the Course Resource Booklet each module so they have a cumulative booklet ready for submission. Do not wait until the last minute.
- Each local agency resource should include the following information. Use headings for components, as needed. (See sample page attached.)
Name of Agency
Agency address (Domestic Violence shelters may use outreach center)
Hours of Operation
Agency Description of 150 to 175 words. This part of the resource booklet must be written and paraphrased in paragraph format and must include the following information: (1.5 spacing for submission to instructor)
Mission/Purpose of the resource
Specific Type of Services
One strength and one limitation of the agency or its services
- The final booklet should include:
A Title Page
Table of Contents
An introduction with a statement of purpose and definition of child welfare
Use paragraph form for agency description, strength and limitations of resource
Agency information should be alphabetized and spaced at 1.5
Use Times New Roman, size 12 font
Include page numbers
Be visually appealing and professional in appearance
- Submit your document to Turnitin®. Turnitin® will tell you if you have copied text from other sources without proper citations. It will also assist you with grammar and spelling. Documents with more than twenty percent will be penalized. Turnitin, an integrated plagiarism tool, will be used to screen all writing assignment submissions for this course. After you have reviewed the instructions and the rubric, complete your submission using the Turnitin Tool below. For assistance using the Turnitin Tool, please reference this guide on submitting a paper through Turnitin (Links to an external site.).