Healthy People 2020 defines social determinants of health as conditions in the environments in which people are born, live, learn, work, play, worship, and age that affect a wide range of health, functioning, and quality-of-life outcomes and risks. Click on the following website for a list of local health departments in the United States. Select one and answer the following questions:
https://www.naccho.org/membership/lhd-directory (Links to an external site.) (Links to an external site.)
- Contact the local health department to discuss and identify their community’s social AND physical determinants of health.
- What areas need improvement?
- What does the data say? Explain.
- What is the local health agency doing to improve outcomes?
- Does the local health agency have limitations/barriers? Explain.
- As a future health professional, what would YOU do to improve outcomes?
- Define the meaning of health disparity and provide at least 3 real-life examples from the community.
- What new knowledge did you gain? How has it impacted your overall view of public health?
Please compile the information you collected into a Word document and include supporting documentation. Make sure your responses are numbered. This assignment is worth 100 points. You will earn 90 points for the overview and 10 points for responding to two classmates. Your replies should be at least one paragraph to obtain full points.
- Healthy People 2020: https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topics-objectives/topic/social-determinants-of-health(Links to an external site.) (Links to an external site.)
- CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/socialdeterminants/ (Links to an external site.)
turn it inNo plagarism