Log in to the course at Saint Leo University and complete Jones and Barlett labs for web services security COM 545 and system security Management COM 520. Must be familiar with the portal.
This is just a trial for module 1. If you prove yourself I will hire you for the next 8 weeks
Lab #1 – Assessment Worksheet
Implementing Access Controls with Windows Active Directory
Lab Assessment Questions
1. Relate how Windows Server 2012 Active Directory and the configuration of
access controls achieve CIA for departmental LANs, departmental folders, and
2. Is it a good practice to include the account or user name in the password? Why
or why not?
3. To enhance the strength of user passwords, what are some of the best
practices to implement for user password definitions to maximize
4. Can a user who is defined in Active Directory access a shared drive on a
computer if the server with the shared drive is not part of the domain?
5. When granting access to network systems for guests (i.e., auditors,
consultants, third-party individuals, etc.), what security controls do you
recommend implementing to maximize CIA of production systems and data?
6. In the Access Controls Criteria table, what sharing changes were made to the
MGRfiles folder on the TargetWindows01 server?
7. In the Access Controls Criteria table, what sharing changes were made on the
TargetWindows01 server to allow ShopFloor users to read/write files in the
8. In the Access Controls Criteria table, what sharing changes were made on the
TargetWindows01 server to allow HumanResources users to access files in
the C:\LabDocuments\HRfiles folder?
9. Explain how CIA can be achieved down to the folder and data file access level
for departments and users using Active Directory and Windows Server 2012
R2 access control configurations. Configuring unique access controls for
different user types is an example of which kind of access controls?
- Course Name and Number:
- Question 1:
- Question 2:
- Question 3:
- Question 4:
- Question 5:
- Question 6:
- Question 7:
- Question 8:
- Question 9:
Lab Due Date: