Pretend you could go back in time to Jan. 15th, 2020. At this time, the world knew that the corona virus was spreading in the Wuhan Province but there were no confirmed cases in the United States yet(the first case of corona virus in the United States was confirmed on
Jan. 20th, 2020 (Links to an external site.)
). You’ve been hired by the Trump administration to make a series of recommendations on how to respond to the Coronavirus.
Your policy recommendations should be as close to comprehensive as possible, here are some topic you may want to think about and address:
- Travel restrictions/closing borders
- Shelter in place/stay at home policies
- Production of make-shift hospitals, ventilators, masks, gloves etc.
- Recruiting medical personnel (bringing them back from retirement, allowing students to graduate earlier and begin working, etc.)
- Economic relief policies for those out of work if “stay at home” orders are imposed
- ****^ these are just suggestions to build off of, try to come up with more specific and additional recommendations
Policy recommendation should be a minimum of 500 words and use 3 credible sources as well as include a bibliography.
Here are some articles that may help you get started:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/11/opinion/coronavirus-united-states.html (Links to an external site.)