ALL WORK MUST BE ORIGINAL, IN APA FORMAT, CITED AND WILL BE SUBMITTED TO TURN IN IT. DUE DATE 05/28/20 @ 4PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME. 1250 MINIMUM WORDS NOT INCLUDING THE TITLE PAGE.
1. Explain the primary purpose of interrogation (as opposed to interviewing); elaborate on the five social-psychological conditions that serve to explain why a person confesses to a crime or will not confess to a crime. Be sure to research and include why a large number of people tend to confess to high-profile crimes they did not commit (i.e. Laverne Pavlinac).
2. What are some preliminary questions that should be used to determine if the suspect is rational and in touch with reality? Why is this an important aspect of an interrogation? What would happen if this were not done?
3. Why is cybercrime of increasing concern? Research online cybercrime statistics over the past 10 years and how they have changed, and include this information in your answer. Include any personal knowledge or experience you have of cybercrimes.
4. Why are cybercrimes increasingly difficult to prosecute? Cite some recent high-profile cases and reasons that have been given as to why it has been hard – or impossible – to find and prosecute those responsible. What, if anything, do you think could be done to change this?
5. Explain in detail the 5 elements of managing criminal investigations.