ALL WORK MUST BE ORIGINAL, APA STYLE, CITED AND WILL BE SUBMITTED TO TURN IN IT. 1500 WORD MINIMUM, NOT INCLUDING THE TITLE PAGE. DUE DATE IS 05/18/20 @5PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME.
Assignment: Answers must be thoroughly address the questions in a clear, concise manner. 3-4 citations must be included in the essay.
1. Explain the distinctions of the following types of surveillance. Also include a situation in which each type of surveillance would be the best choice, and why.
- Close surveillance
- Discreet surveillance
- Fixed surveillance
- Loose surveillance
- Moving surveillance
2. Explain the legal issues that pertain to using fixed and moving surveillances.
3. Explain in detail “Stop and Frisk.” Conduct online research into some of the controversies with this procedure and what sparked them. Also include your opinion on this procedure, and make recommendations (if applicable) on how this procedure could be improved upon.
4. Explain the recommended number of persons for a lineup, and how it should be composed. Do you agree with the number and requirements? Explain your answer. If not, make recommendations on how you think it should be changed, and why.
5. Eyewitness testimony is not always reliable, especially in cases in which eyewitnesses report different stories of the same event or eyewitnesses are found to have an ulterior motive for naming a suspect. Write a short essay on eyewitness testimony and your opinion on its effectiveness or ineffectiveness. Cite real cases of eyewitness testimony to support and/or contradict your opinion.