Case Study 1: Athens Medical Claims Reengineering
Athens Administrators is an open indemnity claims administration services organization. Athens identified a growing trend of future medical claims within their client’s population. The trend had begun to escalate and Athens decided that it was an important issue to bring to the clients attention and to jointly develop a strategy to address the growth of these claims. Athens looked to modify and improve the processes and procedures that were being utilized to address these claims. Read about what they did in their document titled “Future Medical – A Claim on the Rise” located at http://www.athensadmin.com/pdf/Athens-FutureMedical .
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
1. Provide one (1) sample of a descriptive statement and one (1) sample of a prescriptive statement from the case study descriptions.
2. Examine three (3):
a. goals for this case study.
b. obstacles for this case study.
c. alternative obstacle resolutions for this case study.
3. Identify five (5) normal and abnormal scenarios for this case as-is.
4. Determine five (5) requirements that might need to be prioritized in view of resource limitations.
5. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Describe the techniques and develop a requirements specification document that solves a proposed business problem.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in requirements engineering.
• Write clearly and concisely about topics related to Requirements Engineering using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.