1， Choose one international company. CANON 日本佳能公司
2， Research and discuss two of the three areas suggested below whilst drawing and applying relevant theoretical frameworks.
Project must use a variety of academic theories/models to discuss and analyse.
Guidelines for the structure of your report:
· Title page – to include the name of your tutor and word count
· Table of contents
· Introduction： (approx. 400 words)
1，A background to your chosen company
2.Where are its operations? Who is its target market? Industry sector? Market share?
，Provide an overview of what you intend to discuss highlighting theories and models
· Part A – choose two areas to discuss, suggestions are:（I chosen 1,3）
1. What are the main issues an organisation faces when trading internationally? (approx. 1300 words)
· Does the organisation standardise or adapt its products/services?
· What is the organisational structure? What is the relationship between the organisations headquarters and its subsidiaries?
· How has the organisation entered an overseas market?
· What is the organisations approach to staffing and HRM practices?
The models you can use：
1，Dunning ‘s eclectic paradigm
（Ownership- location- internalization）
2，Michael Porter five forces model
2. How does an organisation manage cultural implications in its global ventures?
3. What should an organisation consider when trying to create a positive social impact? (approx. 1300 words),1
· What social activities do they engage in?
· How does an organisation balance the pressures related to social responsibility?
· Consider CSR theories such as Carroll’s CSR Pyramid
Model needs to use：Carroll’s Corporate Social Responsibility pyramid（CSR）
Carroll，A.B (1991) The Pyramid of CorporateSocial Responsibiiity: Towardthe Morai Management of Organizational Stakeholders Business horizons 34 (4), pp.39-48
· Part B – provide recommendations on how your chosen organisation can enhance its business with the integration of relevant theoretical tools(approx. 600 words)
1，Reflect on what you discussed in the previous sections
2，Indicate potential avenues on how the organisation can enhance business
3，Utilise concepts and theories discussed to support your recommendations
· Conclusion– (approx. 400 words)
Links the last three sections together
Highlights the main parts of your business project
Opportunity to emphasise vital recommendations
· References – full list using
Please note: Appendices are not permitted
Word Limits (where appropriate)
The maximum word limit for this assignment is 4000words
Part A: Q1
What are the main issues an organisation faces when trading internationally?
· Standardisation – standardising products/services due to global demand
· Bulk buying – economies of scale
· Effective monitoring
· Global image
· Not a flexible strategy
· Adaptation – adapting to local markets/ or specification
· Excellent local image
· High cost
· Poor speed of execution
· Protectionism – government actions to restrict trade
· Contradicts theory of comparative advantage – specialise on what you can produce most efficiently and export
· Generate government revenue – tariffs
· Form of government intervention:
· Tariff tax imposed on imported goods
· Non-tariff trade barriers government policy or regulation that impedes trade through other means than tariffs – enables monitoring trade
· Quota quantitative restriction on imports of a specific product
· Investment Barriers rules or laws that hinder FDI
· Local content requirement minimum percentage of locally-sourced inputs
What should an organisation consider when trying to create a positive social impact?
· Triple bottom line
· Carroll’s CSR pyramid
CSR-corporate social responsibility
The European Commission defines CSR as “the responsibility of enterprises for their impact on society” (European Commission online 2015)
Part B, provide recommendations on how your chosen organisation can enhance its business with the integration of relevant theoretical tools
· Word count guideline – approx. 600 words
· What can the business do to grow?
· Indicate potential avenues and direction for the business
· Consider what factors you have highlighted in your previous sections
Ensure that you utilise theory previously discussed to support your recommendations