SOCW 6520: Social Work Field Education III
Please note that this is a master level course so master level work. Please check the grammar and you have to use the reading that I have provided to you. You must answer all the questions that I post. Thank you.
Metro Atlanta Children’s Services
2302 Parklake Drive NE, Suite 200
Atlanta, GA 30345
Brief Description of Agency-GA Mentor is a therapeutic foster care agency that provides therapeutic foster care services to youth between the ages of 0-18. We offer evidence-informed training to foster parents to provide quality homes for foster children. Services offered to children include 24 hours of home-based monitoring, therapeutic intervention, and access to community-based services, life skill development, and medication management oversight. GA Mentor ensures that the educational, mental health, physical health, and overall well-being needs of all children in our program are met.
2. I will be completing the following tasks:
-Completion of Risk Assessments and Crisis Assessment to determine the level of the client’s needs and services
-Demonstrate her ability to apply Family-Centered Practice, Systems Theory, and Strengths Perspective when assessing the challenges of the family
-Develop and implement Treatment Plans for client
-Train and develop foster parents in providing therapeutic foster care to foster care children
-Evaluate state and Federal Policies in Child Welfare
-Demonstrate her ability to link the family to resources with consideration to the family’s culture, social-economic status, etc.
• Gallina, N. (2010). The conflict between professional ethics and practice demands Social workers’ perception. Journal of Social Work Values and Ethics, 7(2), 1–9. Retrieved from http://www.socialworker.com/jswve/fall2010/f10conflict
Kimball, E., & Kim, J. (2013). Virtual boundaries: Ethical considerations for use of social media in social work. Social Work, 58(2), 185–188. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
• National Association of Social Workers. (2017). Code of ethics of the National Association of Social Workers. Retrieved from https://www.socialworkers.org/About/Ethics/Code-of-Ethics/Code-of-Ethics-English
• Laureate Education (Producer). (2013f). Organizational policy
[Audio file]. Retrieved from
Referring to your process recording from last week, consider the topics covered in this week’s resources and incorporate them into your blog.
• An explanation of organizational policy in your field education experience
Be sure to support your blog posts with specific references to this week’s resources and provide full APA citations for your references. For more information about posting your blog assignment, click on the Field Education Blogs link on the course navigation menu.